samp gui

Hey all,

Just a little suggestion to the samp staff.

Isnt it time to update the samp.exe interface?

And make it more nice? It looks like an old win98 application right now.
Just saying

- cheesus

A lot of things need revamping (the dialogs for example). I agree with you about the client too.

Heh, this is classic. The more there is nothing special and do not need. Just press the button "Connect".

And more classics:
http://fotohost.kz/images/2014/08/02/aC4W.jpg

The client was made by an exmember whos away for years now afaik.
Also, you dont even spend 1% of your samp time in the browser, so all that effort just for a cosmetic update isnt really neccessary imo.

i would love to see the revamping of the samp.exe am pretty sure i seen somebody do this but it was in black and blue it looked pretty cool.

The only thing it needs is the ability to search by server name. It could even take the place of 'Map' since the majority of the servers use 'San Andreas' anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The only thing it needs is the ability to search by server name. It could even take the place of 'Map' since the majority of the servers use 'San Andreas' anyway.
yes yes yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Just that would be nice

Someone trusted with good front-end design skills should just create a prototype, present it to the team, and ask for permission to use the masterlist.
If the guy really is trusted, the source code clean, and the prototype nice im pretty confident that this would at least be accepted as unofficial client. The worst thing that could happen would be the prototype being denied and you wasted some time.
The only problem is that barely anyone ever got the official permission to use the server masterlist, even though I think rules about this are too strict. Theres not much bad stuff people could do with the masterlist. And people who want to abuse this somehow are able to access it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
The client was made by an exmember whos away for years now afaik.
Also, you dont even spend 1% of your samp time in the browser, so all that effort just for a cosmetic update isnt really neccessary imo.
Totally agree.