Rotating maps

I was wondering if anyone is interested to know how you can rotate a whole map with any desired angle or if this is already known or not, cause I just found out about it for myself. It can be useful if you want a map to be placed somewhere in a position that is not straight with the X- and Y-axis of the San Andreas map. Here are some examples:

In this case the road is positioned straight towards the axis's, so the building will also be straight. Cause of that it is very easy to map, cause while mapping most of the objects will only need to be rotated with 90°, 180° or 270°, so they are also straight towards the axis's.

In this case the building spot is not straight towards the axis's, so the building won't be straight either. Cause of that it's harder to map cause you would need to start by rotating each object before being able to do anything else with it. So in a case like this it would be useful to make everything straight first, and then simply rotate the whole map afterwards. It would also be useful if you just want to copy your existing maps to a place like this, like I did to the map in the pictures.

If nobody really needs this or if it's already known how to do this I'm not going to post it though cause that would be silly. If anyone is interested I'll explain how it works, it's very simple to use once you know what exactly you need to do.

That is awesome! Great find, can I add you on skype or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FRAG]B
Посмотреть сообщение
if it's already known how to do this I'm not going to post it though cause that would be silly.
well personally I find it more silly to make a post and not explain it, I believe you can attach all those objects to another and just rotate that object, or you could just script it to rotate all objects around a point with some trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
Посмотреть сообщение
well personally I find it more silly to make a post and not explain it, I believe you can attach all those objects to another and just rotate that object, or you could just script it to rotate all objects around a point with some trig
You're replying to a two year old thread >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
You're replying to a two year old thread >.>
And What is the Problem With that Twixx ?..
AnyWay the Map are Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younes44
Посмотреть сообщение
And What is the Problem With that Twixx ?..
AnyWay the Map are Awesome
That the creator of the thread isn't even active and those posts aren't gonna achive anything, plus bumping old threads isn't allowed.

Actually lolling that a betatester helped bumping this thread

I actually made a post just yesterday, RayC saw that so I think that's what got him to post in this topic aswell. I don't really mind when people bump topics, especially when they are not related to a certain period in time like this topic.

Explaining the whole thing would cost some time, so I didn't do it yet cause I didn't know if anyone even needed it. If anyone's still interested, feel free to add me on Skype: FRAG.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FRAG]B
Посмотреть сообщение
I actually made a post just yesterday, RayC saw that so I think that's what got him to post in this topic aswell. I don't really mind when people bump topics, especially when they are not related to a certain period in time like this topic.

Explaining the whole thing would cost some time, so I didn't do it yet cause I didn't know if anyone even needed it. If anyone's still interested, feel free to add me on Skype: FRAG.B.
Well, if RayC is interested in this, wouldn't it be easier to explain in this thread so others can see aswell? Not adding every person to Skype and explaining them privately over and over again.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That the creator of the thread isn't even active
You can clearly see he's active.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
and those posts aren't gonna achive anything,
The post cessil made was high quality, so how do you know he's not going to achieve anything?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
plus bumping old threads isn't allowed.
That's not even a rule. Bumping old threads without a valid reason is not allowed.