DayZ SA:MP [Discussion]

Many of you knows about "DayZ" gamemode for SA:MP
What do you think about it? How many people will use the script if I release it ?

You mean the DayZSA script?

Dayz became so boring (maybe only for me). Maybe minority of servers will use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Посмотреть сообщение
You mean the DayZSA script?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadKing07
Посмотреть сообщение
Dayz became so boring (maybe only for me). Maybe minority of servers will use it.
Actually DayZ is getting famous nowadays and yeh it might be only you because people like testing their survival skills etc :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzardY
Посмотреть сообщение
Correct.
A lot of people would be interested yes, but I don't know if the mods will allow it since it's probably not your work. (I said probably because I have no idea who actually owns the thing)

I know the DayzSA script is released but only in AMX format.

If you are the author and if you release the source, I will most definitely use it.

If you do not want to release the source, I would still use it if you implement some way for us to add our own scripts that can communicate to it without having to have the main source.

Wait what? I'm not releasing dayzsa.net script I'm releasing my own DayZ script...

Oh, I thought that's what you meant... Well if the features are like dayzsa's or better I will surely use it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Wait what? I'm not releasing dayzsa.net script I'm releasing my own DayZ script...
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't understand that at first. But still, I think a lot of people are interested because DayZ became a real 'thing' in SA:MP. While most of the old players are sick and tired of roleplay, DayZ gamemodes are relatively new and inventive, in my opinion. So yes, if you decide to release it people will probably use it. But I think you really have to consider the pro's and con's of releasing your gamemode before you put it up there, because once it's out here you cannot get it back.

The main thing that makes me not to release it are "leechers" some of samp members just gets the script modifies 2-3 commands and re-relases it as their own GM

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The main thing that makes me not to release it are "leechers" some of samp members just gets the script modifies 2-3 commands and re-relases it as their own GM
True and that pisses me off when somebody dose that +rep.

How about name it something creative instead of just calling it the same as an existing game just because it's popular.

Don't get me wrong, the "DayZ" servers I played weren't bad and I'd certainly go back but they are seriously nothing like the actual DayZ game or mod. In fact, as far as I know there aren't even any zombies on one of them now (zombie AI is pretty dire anyway, posed absolutely no challenge).

That's my opinion anyway.

Because DayZ is popular and I doubt people will use it if I make changes

I am sure many people will use it !

Yeah its kinda boring as my friend fahad said.

If it got posted i would use it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah the features are most likely same with loot spawn etc
If I see people are interested in this I might release source of it
Yeah maybe people can edit it and make it interesting aswell as you'll get alot of rep's for releasing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clergy
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah maybe people can edit it and make it interesting aswell as you'll get alot of rep's for releasing it.
It's not just about rep's.

You own the DayZ server?

-Christian Ivann from ur skype