Developing a script

When developing a script, what would you normally prioritise in order when making a custom script of any sort? Its just a question out of curiosity.

Like, make a list in order of what you would create first and last and state why you would use that order.

First, I will create a complete saving system, which would cover the basic of the gamemode. Then, regarding to the gamemode's type, I would script some basic commands and such. After that, I would create an administrator system, which is an essential part of a script. Then I would browse my mind or SAMP forums, to get more ideas, or ask my friends or server's players to suggest some things which could be added in. Well, after that, person's mind becomes a running machine and ideas start to come itself, so yeah, that is it

What about you?

Making sure that players will have the ability to save their stats and stuff, After that, You must create admin system which will be needed to protect the server, When you finish this, You can start scripting your GameMode.

Prioritize your motivation, truly. Probably not the answer you're looking for, but if you don't feel like doing something anymore, you won't.

Develop a base (i.e. login, register, simple loading and saving) and then fly anywhere from there. If you structure what you're doing, I'm sure you can accomplish that with much more ease.

First:
-- Make sure I have a valid MySQL session
-- Create Login & Register
-- Secure Login & Register (SQL injections etc)
-- Create player variables
-- Create player variables saving
-- Create systems (factions, houses, etc)
-- Create commands
-- Test gamemode
-- Optimise code
-- Repeat from systems downwards

EDIT:

oh! Before I do anything I plan the GM out. So I know what i'm working towards..

Register and login systems, Get the system to save the stats, Make the admin system, Then house systems factions ETC, Then Jobs and then ask what players want added.

I just go with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
I just go with the flow.
He's right you know.That's what he actually does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Ignore everything everyone has said so far - the first thing you write is NOT a saving system. You download one and call it a day!
I didnt understand it at all when people posted about saving systems first.
cuz how can you save variables that you didnt created yet anyway?

Also..while developing i think there isnt a way that suits everyones way of developing...obviously basics
go first but if i do that i get so bored that i want to script something different. (that also has to do with the GM)
I end up with many scripts wich isnt that ideal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
And THAT is why libraries exist!
And how will people learn if they don't practice?

Me (aspiring game developer):

- Downloads user (saving, loading & administration) system.
- Pop it in, plug and play. Cool.
- Me *scratchs head* knows nothing about pawn. (I want to change some stuff, probably just a few colours)
- Me *looks at YSI* .. *scratches head* *attempts to understand YSI* .. *Fuck this.*
- Me *deletes and finds some other game*