• Features
    • Includes/Plugins
    • Gamemode features
  • Blog
    • Changelog
    • To-do list
  • Download
Foreword

Get Started In has a simple objective: save your time in saving stuff! That's it. I'm planning on releasing more of those, but expanding the code to more detailed gamemodes, as in roleplay and deathmatch, and other types of gamemode. Every script will have something in common: the easiness of understanding the base code. Featuring a detailed explanation of what everything means throughout the gamemode's script, you'll have no hard time figuring out what something does. Even if you do, you can contact me through mail or through the San Andreas Multiplayer forum's private messaging system.

This publication of GSI follows the tutorial written by myself, which is titled "a complete login and registration system using y_ini", which makes it easier for you to launch your server: it features a great login and registration system that saves user details.

Features
Includes/Plugins
y_ini: If you do not know how to use y_ini, read this thread. Not using the latest version of YSI! Update if you'd like to!
sscanf (include and plugin): You can read more about how it works in this thread.
zcmd: I prefer using zcmd, that's it. You can use y_commands If you do not like to use zcmd. this thread.
Whirlpool: Read about it in this thread. Used to hash the user's password in two situations: when the user registers and when he changes his password through the /changepass [newpassword] command.
Gamemodes Features
As this is a base gamemode for you to start your server, it doesn't contain as much as you might think it does. It contains the essential, the base. It contains an effective login and registration system using the powerful saving system that Y_INI is.

The passwords are hashed using the Whirlpool plugin, which is a very powerful and secure plugin, consistently used throughout it's release in order not to compromise the user's security. No player should worry about having his account compromised anymore!

At the time, you're able to save the user's password, money, skin, kills and deaths. In a more completed version of GSI, I'll add position saving and gun saving aswell. It's not that hard to do, but it saves your time and allows you to work on other features.

You do not need to screw with your server.cfg anymore. A simple system to modify the server hostname, it's map, the weburl and everything else has been implemented within the gamemode itself, allowing easy costumization as seen below.

pawn Код:
#define SERVER_NAME "San Andreas Online"
#define SERVER_VERSION "0.1a"
#define SERVER_WEB "www.******.com"
#define SERVER_MAP "San Andreas"
#define SERVER_HNAME "San Andreas Online [0.3z]"
#define SERVER_MODE "SAOnline 1.0"

main( ) {

new rconcmd[32]; // You can change the size relying to the size of your defines.
    format(rconcmd, sizeof(rconcmd), "weburl %s", SERVER_WEB);
    SendRconCommand(rconcmd);
    format(rconcmd, sizeof(rconcmd), "hostname %s", SERVER_NAME);
    format(rconcmd, sizeof(rconcmd), "gamemodetext %s", SERVER_MODE);
    format(rconcmd, sizeof(rconcmd), "mapname %s", SERVER_MAP);
}
Blog
Changelog (DD-MM-YYYY)
08-07-2014: Work on the gamemode began.
10-07-2014: Scrapped the inital idea of using mSelection for skin selection after OnPlayerSpawn, because it'd somehow limit the costumization of the gamemode.
11-07-2014: Finished the registration and login system.
14-07-2014: Added some commentaries throughout the gamemode.
15-07-2014: Gamemode released on the SA:MP forums. The first version of GSI has been released.
To-do list
Saving the player's position on disconnect.
Saving the user's weapons.
Adding a house system and a business system (to be released in an upcoming version of GSI).
Taking this gamemode as a base, I hope to create a roleplay, cops and robbers gamemode from it and release it on the forums.
Download
Download GSI: The Basics from Upload.ee
Download GSI: The Basics from Mega.co.nz

Mirrors are allowed.

Nice, good luck with the development of this.

This is cool.

Could've just did this and saved a bit of memory:

pawn Код:
SendRconCommand("weburl "SERVER_WEB"");

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
Посмотреть сообщение
Could've just did this and saved a bit of memory:

pawn Код:
SendRconCommand("weburl "SERVER_WEB"");
I'll have everything tweaked in the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

Good luck with development.

I advertise you use GitHub, that way you can be more helped to do this.

Think in that.

-

nice job, put some pictures in future.

Nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT
Посмотреть сообщение
I advertise you use GitHub, that way you can be more helped to do this.

Think in that.

-

nice job, put some pictures in future.
I was thinking of creating a GitHub repository but never managed to do that. I'll do it regardless. In regards of the pictures, there wouldn't be anything exciting to see, hence why I did not add them!

Nice Script man. Good Job.