[FilterScript] Over-Heated Sparrow (BETA Version 1.0)

Over-Heated Sparrow

Description:
This script was designed for DM/TDM servers, well, the ones
concerned about overuse of sparrows and sparrow abuse. It slowly
destroys sparrow when the weapon is shot too much! It places a
bar at the bottom of the screen when you enter the seasparrow.
The more you shoot, the higher the bar goes, starts at green,
then yellow, then red until it fills up. When it fills up, it
takes longer to cool down so good luck to anyone dumb enough to
push their limits! Thats all really, but if you would like to
steal my key holding script that is included, go ahead, just
credit me. Stealing this whole script is however another story.
DON'T RE-PUBLISH THIS SCRIPT!

Development Log:
Wednesday, July 02, 2014; 5:31 PM | Eastern Time Zone (-5:00)
- First release, no known bugs or fixes.
Sunday, September 21, 2014; 1:12 PM | Eastern Time Zone (-5:00)
- Tried best to fix the bar not showing bug.
- Added better options at the top of the script.
Sunday, February 22, 2015; 10:25 PM | Eastern Time Zone (-5:00)
- Optimized the script a little bit.
- Updated required files.
- Added an alternative height limiter, for sparrows specifically.
- Added more options at the beginning.
- Fixed tail rotor death.
- Better bar location, direction, and size.
- Gradient bars.

Screenshots:
Full Album
I decided to just make an imgur album, it's alot easier to do, and a better viewer...

Downloads:
GitHub
This is everything you need to run the filterscript.

Instructions:
Extract everything to your servers directory, add over_heat to your filterscripts line in server.cfg.
Compile the .pwn file, or use the .amx from the backups folder... Alot of my includes are edited, that is why I gave you a pre-compiled version, which I would normally not do!

Please discuss anything/everything you think or feel about this script, so I know what to add/remove!

Good Job +REP

Nice work man

Nice Idea !!! (y)

I won't beg, but will somebody me a discussion comment? This isn't meant to sound rude but I'd rather see discussion about it more than seeing that you guys like it, I know its either food or be but why is it good or bad, I only want to so I can improve on this script and whatever I release in the future, thanks to all!

I feel like I've seen this somewhere before.. Anyways good job, the bar idea was totally cool!

Soon I will be adding another sparrow abuse limiting system, players will be able to shoot the tail rotor of the sparrow and it will harshly damage the sparrow... This makes it a lot easier for the victims to gain leverage against sparrow abuse! Then we will have two ways to protect our DM/TDM servers, one from each end of the sparrow - (Victim and Abuser)! Tell me what you guys think...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat
View Post
I feel like I've seen this somewhere before.. Anyways good job, the bar idea was totally cool!
Was that a threat, Threat? (I had to say something about your name :P)
I have received the idea from a source, but this is definitely not a copy, so where did you see it?

Nah these types of things I've seen on many servers. This one is pretty cool though, so you don't need to do /dl. +1 for a nice job. Also the tail rotor idea is a good one, make sure to add that.

Nice man, Keep it up

that shit cray

Ok, well I jus find got moved in to my new house... So updating is delayed. I'll update asap.

Well, here's the problem i'm having that I need help with... Mainly, the tail rotor script is done, but I can't test it because it requires the sparrow engine to be on and the sparrow needs to be moving, if not the script does not handle the sparrow at all... That's how I set it up and I don't have internet in my new house yet! Maybe somebody I can trust with it can help out (Is there anyone you guys can recommend)?

EDIT - 1) Ok, I'm posting an UN-TESTED update, so anybody who wants to test it here's how you need to do it, firstly, read the above. Requirements - 2 players on an online server obviously after reading the above, one player needs to be flying the sparrow, preferably the player who has the worst aiming of the two. The player on ground needs to shoot the tail rotor WHILE the other player is FLYING!

This is nice, but for some reason I don't see the bar ;d

Good Job Rep ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyance
Посмотреть сообщение
This is nice, but for some reason I don't see the bar ;d
Same With me ..... Please Help

Nice

to the people not seeing the bar, trying to work as much as possible. on phone now sorry, pc broke... D';

Simple but cool.

UPDATED (Sep 21): Read Dev. Log!

Nice