need info about busting ddos attacker

hey a guy ddos'ed my server i know his real name i have saved his first ip, i have proofs and everything,
where do he live and proofs that he is the one who ddos'ed my server, some guys told me that i can report him to the police station or whatever !
is that true?
P.s= he is under 18, (sure because only a kid ddos server )
what will happend because he is only 16 years old?

please if you have any other information and if you have time, please share with me some informations that you know.
thanks for reading

You messaged me about it, and if it was truly a DOS or DDoS attack. Our main node would have gone down.. I personally doubt it was actually a DDoS attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
Посмотреть сообщение
You messaged me about it, and if it was truly a DOS or DDoS attack. Our main node would have gone down.. I personally doubt it was actually a DDoS attack.
Yeah...

But if he was, really, doing so then you can report it to the police because that's counted as cyber crime and is not allowed. But only if you got quite some proof which is valid.

Contact his ISP

yeah i already got vaild proofs im sure about this.
thanks for the info guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAnonymous
Посмотреть сообщение
Contact his ISP
This won't help, at all.

You can contact the people who deal with the cyber crimes branch and they can probably cut of his internet access. But I don't know how this works with different countries.

I mean if you both belong to the same country, you can contact your own police division.
While in the case of different countries if you contact your own police, I don't think they would contact another country's police just because some kid DDos'd someone's game server and also it probably depends on whether his own country's police is willing to do that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Explaining this a little bit better in ELI5 (Explain like I'm 5) format,

You rent a server. You don't actually rent the entire server.
You get a little bit of bandwidth, a little bit of storage and a little bit of power.

With an actual DDoS, you take down the entire network. Not just your little space, not just the server, but the entire network. This depends on how the datacenter is set up though.

This is a common misconception on SA:MP. 99% of the server owners who say they get DDoSed actually aren't getting DDoSed. It's most likely unplanned maintenance on the side of the hosting company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck
Посмотреть сообщение
Explaining this a little bit better in ELI5 (Explain like I'm 5) format,

You rent a server. You don't actually rent the entire server.
You get a little bit of bandwidth, a little bit of storage and a little bit of power.

With an actual DDoS, you take down the entire network. Not just your little space, not just the server, but the entire network. This depends on how the datacenter is set up though.

This is a common misconception on SA:MP. 99% of the server owners who say they get DDoSed actually aren't getting DDoSed. It's most likely unplanned maintenance on the side of the hosting company.
Ah thanks, I should of explained it better. But yea I'm fairly sure this is what's happening.

Nothing will happen, you can't actually do much with that information. He could be using spoofed IP's or using a booter, they may not even be his real IP, nothing can and will be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
Nothing will happen, you can't actually do much with that information. He could be using spoofed IP's or using a booter, they may not even be his real IP, nothing can and will be done.
because gentoo sucks

Whois his IP and email the abuse address, and yes, ISP's do actually read and act on abuse emails. Only contact the IP you think was attacking, or they won't do anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
Whois his IP and email the abuse address, and yes, ISP's do actually read and act on abuse emails. Only contact the IP you think was attacking, or they won't do anything...
thats implying he would be stupid enough to dos from his house.

Quote:
View Post
thats implying he would be stupid enough to dos from his house.
Yes, they actually are. "Kids with booters" is the perfect example for that. Also, it doesn't matter from which house he attacks. ISP's have every information regarding their clients to themselves, if the IP belongs to the attacker, then ISP's have him.

Quote:
View Post
Eggactly.

If you don't have money to pay for lawyer & court fess then just give up trying to get him "busted".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo.
View Post
If you don't have money to pay for lawyer & court fess then just give up trying to get him "busted".
Yes because trying to stop someone DDoS'ing you is a complex legal case that requires you to show up in court with lawyers etc. like you're in a movie..

Quote:
View Post
Yes because trying to stop someone DDoS'ing you is a complex legal case that requires you to show up in court with lawyers etc. like you're in a movie..
One could argue that he wouldn't even be able to pull a criminal case out of this. Sure he could report it as one but it'll just get shoved onto the pile of civil cases.

If you want to take revenge just report a complaint to Cybercell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
View Post
Yes, they actually are. "Kids with booters" is the perfect example for that. Also, it doesn't matter from which house he attacks. ISP's have every information regarding their clients to themselves, if the IP belongs to the attacker, then ISP's have him.