Multiple characters on global account (Y_INI)

Hello, I'm wondering how to create register / login system which will allow to create global account, and when you create these accounts, you're allowed to create multiple characters. (5 characters for example) My saving system is y_INI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lQs
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello, I'm wondering how to create register / login system which will allow to create global account, and when you create these accounts, you're allowed to create multiple characters. (5 characters for example) My saving system is y_INI.
You could make a folder with the global account name, And a simple .dat file with the global account's password, And then inside of that folder you will be saving the characters data.

Or another idea is to make a feild named like "MasterName" which will be filled with the global account name which the character is linked into, And when logging in. It would check if that account is linked to the currently logged in master account.

However, I would recommend the example number #1.

Hope I helped.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=291035
That's what I used, I converted it from SQLite to MySQL. Its a base of what you want, I think.

Bump, looking for more ideas.

Well, if you are using MySQL, YSI_INI or whatever doesn't change nothing. The logic is still the same.

Create a folder/table and call it - for example - accounts.
Inside accounts you have got users credentials (username / password)

Create one more folder/table and call it - again for example - characters.
Inside characters you have got characters linked to accounts (roleplay name / account username)

Create a login algorithm which allows you to log in into your account (trough table accounts, using username & password credentials)
If you succesfully log in, you'll have a list of all you characters, estrapled by a SELECT (SQL) for example.

Then, trough a dialog, you'll be able to choose your character.
For example, you'll see:

Character 1
Character 2
Character 3

If you choose character 2, it spawns you trough your "characters" credentials.
It's not that hard, but i suggest you using MySQL since it's faster for things like this.
INI is really heavy and slow.