Is Island Roleplay Possible?

Hey guys I don't know too much about Island maps in SAMP servers, though I have made an island map before. I was wandering if it's possible to make an acceptable island RP? Mapping one wouldn't be a problem, but are there issues with the objects loading and stuff like that to the extent of it not really being do-able? I know it might have been a problem with older SAMP versions, how about 0.3z? I haven't had much experience with it. Thanks for your help everyone. I did try to search for this but not many other threads offered the type of information I was after. As I said, thanks and looking forward to any feedback!

maybe

What would be the restrictions? My biggest concern is players falling through the map for instance.

dude if you make the map solide then it wont

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSMaX
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you have any regards of what you're talking about? Clearly you've never actually experimented with this subject before, so please refrain from giving false advice/information.

@OP:

Yes, it's possible. You can avoid players falling through the map by mapping on SP land. For instance; build the island over existing mapping (the airports, perhaps?). Use an interior other than 0 to hide the SP mapping, which will still keep the solid areas. Use RemoveBuildingForPlayer appropiately incase you're worried about bugged objects (a invisible object in the middle of a road for example).

Regarding mapping in general, use a streamer but don't overdo it. You don't need to stream /every/ object, because that will create issues on it's own. Also, as far as I'm aware; mapping ontop of the SP islands (in a different interior) will also solve the noclip camera bug, seeing the mapping isn't out of range of the SP mapping.

Well many objects can cause problems, even with the streamer, but only if there are 1000 objects way too close. Next thing to take into consideration is moving your camera and it will go through the walls, which is quite annoying.

And last but not least, minimap. It can be a pain in the ass to try to learn your way through the new island/map and a minimap just wouldn't help. However if a map is scripted (not minimap, but a map by buying in a box with textdraws) then yeah Island RP could be decent. Just gotta think about the most important elements and make sure the map makes sense, and looks decent.

It could work, but you would have to space things out a LOT. You should set a script that respawns the player when they fall through a set height.

it is Possible to create.

It is possible with a lot of work put into it, but you have to keep these in mind:

-There is a stream limit in objects
-Checkpoints won't work (Not sure about pickups)
-If you make the island far out in the ocean, players won't be able to hit each other, and snipers won't work.(some other weapons won't work neither, like chainsaw)

Although I'm sure all those things can be worked around with a plugin or something.

Н guess.

Would remind me of LOST

Yes, it is possible with a few modifications.

My idea was a small island town roleplay. My old map was only about 700 objects, but it'd be easy to make one with less than that and still make it look realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSMaX
Посмотреть сообщение

OT: Have tried something like this, it's very possible as long as the mapping is perfect.

It would work, and I've seen it happen many times and it was successful.

Implying that your island is built above water, the minimap should be hidden since it would show nothing but a blue circle all the time. Maybe create a gang zone that covers the entire island area or use a sprite textdraw.

San Andreas map is a big island...

Your own island will work just fine if you make the large ground objects to be the first ones to stream in for players (make the stream range infinite).

Lithuanian Island RPG survival is already in development.
It's possible to create, but how Onfroi said, checkpoints won't work (pickups work btw).
Our gamemode is very original, and it will need some skills to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaibaslr2
Посмотреть сообщение
Lithuanian Island RPG survival is already in development.
It's possible to create, but how Onfroi said, checkpoints won't work (pickups work btw).
Our gamemode is very original, and it will need some skills to survive.
I see that you have decent English, why make a Lithuanian only server, and why make it RPG? Make it a normal role play, and for everyone to play, I'm sure you will have more players.

Yes, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I see that you have decent English, why make a Lithuanian only server, and why make it RPG? Make it a normal role play, and for everyone to play, I'm sure you will have more players.
The server has LT/EN languages and will be possible for you to play
And I don't know if it's RPG, but it's like real island survival.

Of course, as long as you make it interesting and fun.