HP 15-d008se Notebook PC - what do you say?

Hello guys.... I'm planing to give my brother a gift.. after searching over the net.. i finally decided HP 15-d008se Notebook PC (black) as gift that i will give him...

Specifications of HP 15-d008se Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - Intel Core i5 3230M - 4GB Memory - 1TB HDD - 1GB Dedicated Graphics - 15.6" HD LED Display - Windows 8.1 - International Warranty

Quote:

Processor Intel Core i5-3230M with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
Hard Drive 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
Display 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 76
Operating System Windows 8.1 (64 bits)
Optical Drive SuperMulti DVD burner
Networking & Communication
LAN Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN
Wireless LAN - WiFi 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Card Reader 1 multi-format SD media card reader
Webcam HP TrueVision HD Webcam (front-facing) with integrated digital microphone
Graphics & Chipset
Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce 820M (1 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Other Info
Sound Dual speakers
Keyboard Full-size island-style
Dimensions 37.8 x 26 x 2.8 cm
Weight 2.5 kg
External Ports
USB 2 USB 2.0 - 1 USB 3.0
HDMI 1 HDMI
VGA 1 VGA
Headphone-out 1 headphone/microphone combo

It worth PKR= 58,000 (almost $580)

so what do you say it will be nice? thanks for reading

Depends, what does he do on a computer? gaming? making videos?

It's not bad but if you're looking for the upcoming or newly released games to be played, it should have better specifications.

It's a decent laptop for browsing, *******, ******** etc. Doing school work and other stuff it'll handle it nicely it should play a few games nicely.

How about This?
Just a suggestion not a shit, don't being insulting yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturtIndia
Посмотреть сообщение
How about This?
Stop being stupid, if he had the money for that shit then he wouldnt have had asked if the original laptop is good enough since he could get a fucking alienware

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
How about This?
What a piece of shit suggestion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
How about This?
Don't go for mainstream stuff.

OT: Laptop specs are perfect for that price. Also, it's available for 55,900 PKR at Computer Zone (it's in Karachi). (link to CZone) That's the shop where I usually get stuff from, so ask the shopkeeper if they could decrease the price.

I've had two HP laptops before, had nothing but bad experiences with them. Overheating problems and loud as hell. Both of them were around 800 USD.
Now I've got a Packard Bell laptop and it's been great.

Specs;
15,6" LED screen.
Intel i7 @ 3.2GHz
6GB RAM
nVidia GT710 - 2GB + Intel HD Graphics
1TB HDD

I think the model is TE11HC, it's got a lot of different versions.
Runs new games just fine on medium settings.
It was only about 600 USD.

I personally don't like HP laptops and would go with Asus, or possibly Toshiba or Lenovo, but as others have said: that laptop is great for every day use like web browsing, but if it's going to be used for gaming then you should look for a higher spec one - particularly a better graphics card and more RAM.

I also wouldn't recommend HP laptops. bad overall quality and they break very quickly and easily. Any other brand is good, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Dell, etc.
i would try to find one with a fourth gen intel as they have much better battery life. For example, i5-4xxx or i5-4200u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't go for mainstream stuff.

OT: Laptop specs are perfect for that price. Also, it's available for 55,900 PKR at Computer Zone (it's in Karachi). (link to CZone) That's the shop where I usually get stuff from, so ask the shopkeeper if they could decrease the price.
How do you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn
Посмотреть сообщение
How do you do that?
Go up to the shopkeeper, talk to them using your mouth, ask about a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDawg
View Post
Go up to the shopkeeper, talk to them using your mouth, ask about a lower price.
Just Kidding (DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY),
Easy just take a gun go to show put it on head (be sure you put a mask on you face + your voice must change) say "GIVE ME THE LATEST HIGHER PRICE LAPTOP!"
Be aware of guards

Moderators can lock this.

)Awesome Laptop For Gaming ( Perfectly Cpatible ay GTA V )

Wait how come that list has two graphics cards? And a notebook with a NVidea GeForce card, since when is that possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
View Post
Wait how come that list has two graphics cards? And a notebook with a NVidea GeForce card, since when is that possible?
idk but HP's website says so..
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c04077158