[Tool/Web/Other] Changing SA-MP fonts (chat, 3dtextlabels, dialogs, killist)

samp-font

Change the ingame font (and more) of the SA-MP chat, dialogs, and 3D text labels without complicated hex editing!

How to use

The first time you run your game with this mod loaded it will generate the default .cfg. these are the values that SA-MP uses by default when the game runs to determine the fonts and they are dependant upon your resolution. You can tweak these things and just make the chat a little but smaller if you'd like, or you can change the font completely and overhaul the chat. There are seperate settings for dialogs. you can change the way dialogs appear on your screen too.

When the config is generated ("sampfont.cfg" in the GTA directory you installed this mod) it should appear something like this:

wow! this seems overwhelming doesn't it? well, the parameters are explained by D3DXCreateFont. this mod is just a wrapper for that function in SA-MP.dll almost. so, you can get an explanation of all the parameters for that here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

The first thing i'm going to do is change the font to something else. you don't have to, but I'll do that for an example. So, to find a new font to use navigate to Fonts in control panel.

here we have a list of installed fonts, in GROUP form! you need to get the individual font. so I looked around a bit and i decided on a font, called French Script MT Regular, double click on it and check the WINDOW TITLE (this is the name of the actual font, not in it's group form.)

now, in the installed fonts window, this font is called French Script MT Regular. If you had copied that into the config file, it wouldn't have worked, and the arial font would show. The real name of this font is French Script MT (As you can see by the window title on it).

so copy this font name into the Font key under [Chat] and [ChatShadow]. a quick side note, for the best appeal, Chat and ChatShadow should have IDENTICAL settings, you should really never make them different unless you know what you're doing. the same applies to 3DTextAndDialogBody and 3DTextAndDialogBodyShadow.

Now launch the game.

And that's how it's done. You can change the fonts of 3D Text labels, Dialogs, in the same way. or leave the default font, and just change the height and width! You can use any font installed on your PC.

Samples

This is a font called "Brush Script MT Italic". when picking a dialog font and size, it's important to note that it may break the pretty indentions servers have finely tuned to the Arial font.

This is the default settings, same Arial font, but the chat size is shrunken a little bit, moving it out of the way of the game, and in my opinion making it easier to read.

Here we see the name tag modified to another font, looks pretty nice.

Here is the kill list in another font, this one might be my favorite!

Download

The latest downloads are here: https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/sam...anger/releases

Versions 0.3e and newer should work, but only 0.3z-R1 and 0.3z-R2 have been tested.

Pardon the big pictures.

i love you whitetiger

oh very cool nice work

ah can only say how great your works are
good work with this one too

Mate, This can replace those 'Font mods'.
Much thankful!

Here I Think We Can Say Just One Word !

" Awesome "

and +REP for you now your'e 70

awesome one of your works!

This tool is not welcomed here, it does memory hacking on SA-MP.
I guess read/modify SA-MP memory is NOT allowed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMe
View Post
This tool is not welcomed here, it does memory hacking on SA-MP.
I guess read/modify SA-MP memory is NOT allowed here.
LOl this doesnt modify SA-MP memory.
OT: Nice guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBored
View Post
LOl this doesnt modify SA-MP memory.
It actually does, but I was under the impression that this kind of things are allowed here now? or at least, mods are being less strict about memory hacking as of recently...