Just a little Nervous and need some Advice!
#1

So im Making a County RP Script ! and Soon to be done and notice alot of New servers That starts! and after the first day! the server is dead for Dayss! like i mean i don't See anyone! i know The Hardest part is getting a Good Player Database . But anyone can give some Pointers when i start to open? like the Do and the Dont's ? thanks a lot for your help! just trying not to repeat mistakes. Know what i mean ! it is Med to High level so hope that will work!
Reply
#2

Do and don'ts?


Alright, here:

DO NOT ask for ideas here - think of your own, duh'
DO NOT offer 100000000000000000000000000$ refund, SUPER UBER MEGA ULTRA PLATINUM VIP!


EDIT: You also said "Medium - heavy RP". How can you run a Medium - Heavy RP server with that grammar, like, seriously?
Reply
#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
Do and don'ts?


Alright, here:

DO NOT ask for ideas here - think of your own, duh'
DO NOT offer 100000000000000000000000000$ refund, SUPER UBER MEGA ULTRA PLATINUM VIP!


EDIT: You also said "Medium - heavy RP". How can you run a Medium - Heavy RP server with that grammar, like, seriously?
lol, You know what I find funny. That Instead of just being simple and helping out , You worry about my grammar ? Like really, I'm not asking you for ideas just do and don'ts. But thank you for your English Advice anyways also the Obvious.


BTW: I was Sign on thru my phone. so I just normally type and take alot of shortcuts when on mobile.
Reply
#4

Just think creative and try to make your own server bit realiste and you'll got more players

remember never adv in another server , because it will only cause problemes
Reply
#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NySWat
Посмотреть сообщение
lol, You know what I find funny. That Instead of just being simple and helping out , You worry about my grammar ? Like really, I'm not asking you for ideas just do and don'ts. But thank you for your English Advice anyways also the Obvious.


BTW: I was Sign on thru my phone. so I just normally type and take alot of shortcuts when on mobile.
He said grammar. Not shortcuts.

Besides the scripting part and getting players, grammar actually is an issue. If you cannot express yourself properly or communicate with your players and staff team it's not too hard to imagine communication difficulties.

Not to forget that serious RP players will probably not be impressed if the owner of the server writes in such an awful way.

Oh and you need do's and don'ts? Blast3r gives you some tips, including to fix your grammar, and instead of being thankful for him spending his time helping you out you are telling him you're not looking for his ideas? If that's the way you're dealing with people you should not open a server. Running a server is more than getting a script and opening the server, it's also about dealing with people. A lot of different people, in fact.
Reply
#6

Random capitalisation makes me shiver a little bit. I mean, it is completely random, capitalising letters which don't need to be, and not capitalising those which actually need to be. You may think I'm, or we're, being the grammar police but it really does make a difference when you're an owner. Also, when I see bad grammar in the script I'm out of there - fast (typos and small mistakes don't bother me obviously).

By the way, this post was totally on topic, this is how you could improve.
Reply
#7

Sunfire Roleplay?

Even your server name gives me an impression that it's shit, lol.
Reply
#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mado
Посмотреть сообщение
He said grammar. Not shortcuts.

Besides the scripting part and getting players, grammar actually is an issue. If you cannot express yourself properly or communicate with your players and staff team it's not too hard to imagine communication difficulties.

Not to forget that serious RP players will probably not be impressed if the owner of the server writes in such an awful way.

Oh and you need do's and don'ts? Blast3r gives you some tips, including to fix your grammar, and instead of being thankful for him spending his time helping you out you are telling him you're not looking for his ideas? If that's the way you're dealing with people you should not open a server. Running a server is more than getting a script and opening the server, it's also about dealing with people. A lot of different people, in fact.
What i mean by Shortcuts is , When on mobile I normally don't speak correctly, just to the point you know! and the only reason why I respond to Blast3r in that manner. Only because I'm just asking for some little advice. and Of course I get Criticize. "EDIT: You also said "Medium - heavy RP". How can you run a Medium - Heavy RP server with that grammar, like, seriously? " Like come on. What happen to just be nice and help another gamer out! maybe i took the Statement the wrong way! and if I did I'm sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Random capitalisation makes me shiver a little bit. I mean, it is completely random, capitalising letters which don't need to be, and not capitalising those which actually need to be. You may think I'm, or we're, being the grammar police but it really does make a difference when you're an owner. Also, when I see bad grammar in the script I'm out of there - fast (typos and small mistakes don't bother me obviously).

By the way, this post was totally on topic, this is how you could improve.
Thank you for your advise. and everyone else! I will pay more Attention to my wording!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Sunfire Roleplay?

Even your server name gives me an impression that it's shit, lol.
Sunfire Roleplaying is the server that I play in and Admin in!! But I'm starting my own RP server based in the Counties areas. Only because I want to try something new!.. I haven't Advertise my server yet. It's getting closer! and hope to impress everyone or most of the people!
Reply
#9

Hey Man take my word for if you wanna get good players!

What to do:
Give refund like 1car,6m cash,Bronze Vip,Lvl 3 this is it!
Plus be friendly and help them out alot!
Never ever insult them!

What no to do!
Never make anyone straight admin community advisor or helper. This will really ruin your server!
Never trust anybody you meet on the net or in your server!
Keep server details and flaws till yourself!

Do these and be patient, Plus first some noob players will come but then the realt rper's will come. so treat the Noob's nicely! Try being a Friend then being a Boss!
Reply
#10

What bothers me right now, is the grammar indeed. You say you talk like sh*t because you're on your mobile, but even then, how hard is it to have correct grammar?

Quote:

What i mean by Shortcuts is , When on mobile I normally don't speak correctly, just to the point you know! and the only reason why I respond to Blast3r in that manner. Only because I'm just asking for some little advice. and Of course I get Criticize. "EDIT: You also said "Medium - heavy RP". How can you run a Medium - Heavy RP server with that grammar, like, seriously? " Like come on. What happen to just be nice and help another gamer out! maybe i took the Statement the wrong way! and if I did I'm sorry!

"
What I mean(t) by shortcuts is, when I'm on my mobile I normally don't speak correctly, . And the only reason why I responded/replied to Blast3r in that manner, - is because I'm just asking for some little advice. And of course I get criticized.
"

Even if you're on your mobile, there are way too many grammar fails. Are you very sure it's just your mobile? I don't think so, because this really is an overload with grammar. I sometimes make typo's, but never that worse and I don't know a single person who's got it that worse either. I can not take you seriously this way. Just saying.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: