Supermoto?

Hey,

I just purchased myself a 50cc supermoto. I'm 17 so legally allowed to derestrict it providing that it complies with my licensing and insurance. Also I will need to declare it to the DVLA as it will no longer be a 50cc.

I'm currently waiting for it to return from the workshop before I can start fitting parts, however, I'm wondering if anyone is a fan of such vehicles and what they have done to theirs?

I'm planning on the following:

12T Front Drive Sprocket,
Racing Sparkplug,
88cc BBK,
Racing Exhaust,
Racing Crankshaft,
Reeds,
Stronger clutch.

Also including things like oil filters etc..

What suggestions do you guys have?

I'm aware that this is not a supermoto/motorbike/ or mechanic forum however this is the everything and nothing section.

I know StuartD is getting one, will link him!

Falling off them hurts, that's my advice.

Derestriction: what's the point? Max speed 45mph. A 125cc does 60mph standard. Just rebuild the engine with 125 pistons.

Good point, however I have a few issues with your points.

One being, restrictions are something the manufacture adds. So, it wouldn't cost anything to derestrict bikes. That would be one points.

I don't know where you are getting that max speed from, however, my bestmate owns a Rieju MRT SM Pro and is getting about 70mph out of it without much in the way of additional costs.

50cc parts are generally cheaper then 125cc parts.

Also, to rebuild and engine with 125cc pistons as you said, would basically make it a 125cc which would require further parts seeing as my bike only weighs 100kg, I don't really fancy it wobbling out at FP.

I see where you are coming from however, and I'm no expert, this is just what I've found out with some research. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just watch out on the streets there, you may be careful but there are other idiots who drive a car and they are not careful at all.
EDIT: I said that because I've seen people getting hurt, I also got crashed by a dumbass with his dad's car once but it wasn't serious damage. But anyway, take care.

Thanks dude, and I will. Already got my safety gear etc.. Hopefully the day I have an accident it won't be serious. Thanks again mate.

love motorbikes man, supermotos are my favourite type, i'll be getting one in a couple years

Oh you mean the Sanchez. Congratulations, I have zero clues in those, but are those things allowed in city? I thought those were like mountain type of things, I thought those were type of bikes which you load on pickup and travel with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toXioneer
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh you mean the Sanchez. Congratulations, I have zero clues in those, but are those things allowed in city? I thought those were like mountain type of things, I thought those were type of bikes which you load on pickup and travel with it.
Sanchez is motocross, the different between motocross and supermoto is the tires and chain mainly. You can ride a supermoto on land and I'm sure you can ride a motocross aswell, however, you need to have it insured and registered, but all depends on state and country.

Meh, it's up to you but since you're 17 how comes you got a 50cc and not a 125? I've got the Husky SMR125 and it is amazing! And you can go on land and road with motocross and supermoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleverCastard
Посмотреть сообщение
Meh, it's up to you but since you're 17 how comes you got a 50cc and not a 125? I've got the Husky SMR125 and it is amazing! And you can go on land and road with motocross and supermoto.
I mainly chose a 50cc as it's a good project for me during the summer, rather than a 125.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated
Посмотреть сообщение
I mainly chose a 50cc as it's a good project for me during the summer, rather than a 125.
Ah, good on ya. But trust me, if you do an engine rebuild, it's not a five minute job. It takes atleast 2 -3.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Ah, good on ya. But trust me, if you do an engine rebuild, it's not a five minute job. It takes atleast 2 -3.
Yeah I understand that mate, and 2-3 what? lol :P

Sorry dude, 2 - 3 hours.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry dude, 2 - 3 hours.
Yeah thought it would be hours XD not planning a full rebuild, but you never know when you need to perform one. Do you own a bike?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah thought it would be hours XD not planning a full rebuild, but you never know when you need to perform one. Do you own a bike?
Yeah I do. I have a Husky SMR 125. I get roughly 55 - 60 in 2nd and 116 in 4th. Never gone above that.

Good looking bike, I'm guessing that's KM/H? I own a Generic Trigger SM 50, most people say it's a piece of crap because it's chinese, but I think that the Chinese are bringing out some better bikes + they are cheap. Also, my friend owns a trigger and said providing you don't beat it up to bad, it'll be fine.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Good looking bike, I'm guessing that's KM/H? I own a Generic Trigger SM 50, most people say it's a piece of crap because it's chinese, but I think that the Chinese are bringing out some better bikes + they are cheap. Also, my friend owns a trigger and said providing you don't beat it up to bad, it'll be fine.
I wish it was MPH + Your bike isn't that bad. Aslong as it gets you from A to B its fine.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I wish it was MPH + Your bike isn't that bad. Aslong as it gets you from A to B its fine.
Yeah exactly, I'm not sure what country you're from or what licensing structures you have in your country, but we work on a progression system. I'm currently 17 but so I can take a A1 test permitting the use of 125cc on motorways with passenger., 2 years later (19) I can take my A2 which permits the use of any CC bike providing it doesn't exceed 34BHP I think? Then 2 years after that I can take my A which means I am a unrestricted rider. All tests have a theory and practical, but after your A1 you don't repeat theory. You also need to complete a CBT. So my point in that paragraph is basically, I bought a cheap 50cc, work on it make it faster + upgraded slightly more customized for my needs, before progressing to higher ranged bikes.