New map for SA-MP ?

Hello guys,
I have some free time this days, And I'm looking to create a new sa-mp server but with good features and especially unique, I know that a lot of people says we have unique server but they don't really. It just what they beleive.
I'm not sure if this will be possible to make, But if it is, Then I'll do my best to do it. Since I think it will make my server unique and especially because I was thinking in this since a while.
What I'm asking for is Can we have our unique map ? New buildings and roods created from scratch by us ? I don't mean creating maps ect, I mean, Can we delete the whole maps of San Andreas and start mapping from 0 ? I don't know, That will take too long and much work, Propably the server won't upload all the maps but can we do it ? Changing the mini map too ? I think we can change the places names by coordinates, But the probleme is can we delete all the San Andreas map and replace it ? I'll propably let the orginal roods ect so it save the coordinates, But I think in deleting a lot of things, A lot. Maybe delete the whole sea and replace it too ?
Thanks for any suggestion - ideas - opinions and answers.

If you mean delete the whole GTA SA map, then no, if I'm right the game will just keep crashing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
If you mean delete the whole GTA SA map, then no, if I'm right the game will just keep crashing then.
Crashing ? I think crashing will cause if the player spawns in unknown coordinates if I'm not mistaken, How about DeleteBuildingForPlayer and place on it other custom mapping ? If I'm not wrong, I think it's kinda impossible to delete the whole map

There is limit at which game will crash if you remove too many objects, limit depends on what kind of objects you remove and such, roughly I would say its around 200 objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
There is limit at which game will crash if you remove too many objects, limit depends on what kind of objects you remove and such, roughly I would say its around 200 objects
Hmmmm, How about removing objects using filterscript or something else ? So we don't remove the objects once by gamemode ? It will be the same ?

No, haha, you could remove the buildings and things of the original map (but I think the limit to remove objects is 1000), and all objects in the map are much more, and the limit for creating objects for each client is 1000 objects or less better (you would also have problems with streamer).

You try to use the most of the original map of San Andreas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad
Посмотреть сообщение
Hmmmm, How about removing objects using filterscript or something else ? So we don't remove the objects once by gamemode ? It will be the same ?
SA game itself can't handle more, it doesn't matter how and where you remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad
Посмотреть сообщение
I think it's kinda impossible to delete the whole map
Welp, you just answered your own question. Congratulations, you now have an answer.

Okey thanks for the answers .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
only 200? i think is much more, but i dont know too the limit.

Lets delete the whole SA Map, the minimap too and the HUDs and every single SA menu, that's just too easy.. uninstall your game ._.

ON TOPIC: No, you can't

You're in the wrong game mate. This is SAN ANDREAS Multiplayer. What's the point in deleting the entire GTA map? That would turn GTA San Andreas Multiplayer into "Multiplayer".
This mod is meant to expand GTA San Andreas by a multiplayer modification, and not to give you a base engine on which you can build an entire own game.
You can do that if you want, but you have to ask yourself the question if it makes sense to do that in SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
View Post
You're in the wrong game mate. This is SAN ANDREAS Multiplayer. What's the point in deleting the entire GTA map? That would turn GTA San Andreas Multiplayer into "Multiplayer".
This mod is meant to expand GTA San Andreas by a multiplayer modification, and not to give you a base engine on which you can build an entire own game.
You can do that if you want, but you have to ask yourself the question if it makes sense to do that in SA-MP.
I disagree, to be honest. Sure, this is San Andreas multiplayer, but it's great to explore and see what we can do with SA-MP. We have a great community here and I would much rather use SA-MP as a base-engine than create one from scratch, entirely because of the community. And plus, why create something new when you can use something that already exists and works exactly how you want it to? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_invented_here

Good luck with your project, Clad

You do not even need to remove the map, you could just add a new one 2 km away from SA (or above it).

It can't be done, if you remove too many objects, the game will crash on world load.

Also, I know a lot of projects who tried to experiment with custom maps (islands outside game bounds) and all have failed, streamers can't load many objects, and being outside game bounds doesn't help much either. Camera collision is not available with objects outside game limits and weird glitches can happen if you go way off coast.

Although I don't understand people who think that we should reinvent the wheel and design a game engine from scratch if there is a mod that can sort of do that (I see their point though, I just don't agree with them), this cannot be practically done using current SAMP technology.

to Potassium: indeed it sounds nice.. but resources won't help you enough. You can't just remove like 70% of a game and remake it, not with the " few " options we got, I can assume it's impossible, and Not even perfect. and will require alot of memory editing just to build things up again and redefine coords. and etc.. I'm not against it anyways.. just the options we got..