Well scripted released gamemodes

I know you are going to ask me to search, but it's easier asking here than going through 50+ pages of gamemodes.

For experienced/good scripters, what gamemodes have you found easy to continue (understand & script) after it was released?
I was thinking of continuing a role-play mode, but all I've seen is NG: RP edits, outdated methods or crappily organised game-modes.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPawar
Посмотреть сообщение
I know you are going to ask me to search, but it's easier asking here than going through 50+ pages of gamemodes.

For experienced/good scripters, what gamemodes have you found easy to continue (understand & script) after it was released?
I was thinking of continuing a role-play mode, but all I've seen is NG: RP edits, outdated methods or crappily organised game-modes.

Cheers
Well I found Stevo's CnR script nice, I started scripting with the gamemode and I even hosted a server with it before, I found that gamemode easy to continue and work on but I am not sure now since, I changed a lot but I am developing my own CnR script which is based in Bone County (for start).

I can't really think of any one script. Most of the scripts that I've seen use lots of unneeded variables and functions. In the style of;
pawn Код:
new robbingPizza[MAX_PLAYERS];
new robbingBurger[MAX_PLAYERS];
// 43 other places
new robbingBank[MAX_PLAYERS];
In my view, you only need two max player variables. One to find out which store the player is in, and one to store the timer variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I found Stevo's CnR script nice, I started scripting with the gamemode and I even hosted a server with it before, I found that gamemode easy to continue and work on but I am not sure now since, I changed a lot but I am developing my own CnR script which is based in Bone County (for start).
I found Stevo's to be very outdated, looking at the thread. (No blaming him, it was a long time ago)
I haven't looked at the code yet though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't really think of any one script. Most of the scripts that I've seen use lots of unneeded variables and functions. In the style of;
pawn Код:
new robbingPizza[MAX_PLAYERS];
new robbingBurger[MAX_PLAYERS];
// 43 other places
new robbingBank[MAX_PLAYERS];
In my view, you only need two max player variables. One to find out which store the player is in, and one to store the timer variable.
True. Large number of variables make it very hard to follow the script or edit it. I think I'll just have to scratch script one *sigh*

I'm sure he said roleplay not CNR...

Maybe try Calgon's script

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure he said roleplay not CNR...

Maybe try Calgon's script
DJSON

You'll never find perfect scripts. They do have good things and bad ones, but there will always be something that doesn't look good. There are good days and bad days for scripters.