My weapons rarely ever do damage...

Hi, SA:MP fans... Please read and help!

I thoroughly enjoy GTA, and for years, I've wanted to enjoy SA:MP. However, I can't, because I would say only 1 out of 25 of my shots cause damage to another online player.

So, will you be the one to figure out this mystery? Nobody else has been able to.

Here's what I know and why...

I unload an entire clip into somebody, blood's flying everywhere, their body is getting knocked back... and only every once in awhile does a bullet I shoot do damage.

1) It's not because they're in GOD mode or inactive. Other people will shoot the guy I'm shooting, and every one of their bullets does damage.

2) It's not lag. Everything is running fast and smooth. I've tried lower resolutions. Doesn't matter. My weapons don't do damage.

3) It's not because I'm aiming where they were a second before. I could be standing right behind somebody, shoot them ten times, point blank... no damage. Then, somebody else will shoot them... boom... they take damage from every hit.

4) This happens in every room I play in, not just any one in particular.

Again, I shoot somebody, blood flies everywhere... no damage. Then, they get shot by somebody else... immediate damage. Or, if I shoot somebody 30 times with a submachine gun, all of the rounds cause blood and knock back, maybe one or two of the rounds cause damage.

I've tried reinstalling. I've tried different versions..... Nothing.

If anybody's ever heard of this and/or has a solution, please let me know. SA:MP really gets boring and frustrating, getting knocked around and not being able to dish it out.

Thank you much!

Are you using mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cena44
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you using mods?
I'm guessing that means "modifications," so no, I'm not.

I go to SA-MP, pick a server, the game loads, and I start playing. Nothing more or less.

When I play offline, single player, everything works fine in the game. And it is a 1.00 version.

One other thing... Should I have posed this problem in the "Report Bugs" forum, or is it fine in here?

Silly question but are you sure you're hitting them? I do have this problem myself though, I hit them on my screen several times yet they'll only take one shot damage. Weird.

Can we test this? I want to see how it looks, I am quite interested. We can go on any server - add me on Skype if you have it (I only use it when I need to because I dislike it) - PM me for my Skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Can we test this? I want to see how it looks, I am quite interested. We can go on any server - add me on Skype if you have it (I only use it when I need to because I dislike it) - PM me for my Skype.
I appreciate your interest. No BS, I really do, PrivatioBoni. However, now I can't even get into multiplayer, anymore, because it crashes when I try to go into an online gameplay, now.

(The following hissy fit has nothing to do with you, PrivatioBoni. I just need to vent...)

Yeah, I know. I KNOW... It's aaaallllllll my fault, because I'm running this on Windows 7, which means I have to go in and delete this, and that, and that, and this, and stand on my head, put my big toe in my ear, chant a Celtic ritual backwards, and then maybe... MAYBE... it won't crash, when I try to play SA:MP.

I'm annoyed, so I'm posting a new topic in this forum, and I am certainly not alone with the attitude I give...

Maybe you could try lag shooting? lmao

Just for the record, just because you see blood on your screen it doesn't mean that you are actually hitting them. That's just what *your* screen shows. Make sure that you are joining servers that have lagcomp enabled, because if they don't then that means you have to lead-aim (shooting in front of a person, based on their latency). Most servers have it enabled now though. Maybe you're just not very good at aiming yet, I'm not either, some of us just can't get the hang of it lol.

does the same happen when you shoot a standing person?