Question about DDoS threats.

So, I've seen alot of threads that DDoS can't really be stopped or so.
But, is it possible to report someone who DDoS' and where should the report go?

"hi CoSucker nub all of u have been range banned so go fuck yourself and we will DDoS you time after time hahahahahaaha little kids go buy some diapers "

"Server DOWN ass holes ? dont advertise your server in LGC again mother fuck aayush go fuck your self dickhead "

"Gay server with Gay owner fuck u copy cat we are the best server Join us guys ***.***.***.****
they copy us because they are gay faggot hahahahahahahahaha"

Obviously it's about younger individuals, but they still DDoS.

I ban people who go to advertise in other servers and I'm glad if someone contacts me if someone does it, but this really won't do anything.

So what can I do? Report? if so, to who?

Well to start off you shouldent use a leaked NGG script

You can report them to their ISP or server host if you know them.

Not without evidence though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiffeyTheGamer
Посмотреть сообщение
Well to start off you shouldent use a leaked NGG script
Please step away from your keyboard.

@Mionee - their comments are on SACNR

It's bullshit you can't do much, lets say I confess to a theft on this forum nothing will be done.

If you can manage to get their IP, go to who.is and paste the ip in there. There should be an abuse link, attach any evidence.

Yea, the VPS company will hand us their IPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
If you can manage to get their IP, go to who.is and paste the ip in there. There should be an abuse link, attach any evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure they won't give a fuck.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You could make a command or check your server log for a "possible suspect" in the DDoSing event. Check their IP address and trace it.

Well, if we get the IP then I guess we're able to contact their ISP?

Well first of, 90% who says they're ''gonna DDoS you'' don't even know what DDoS means or how it's preformed. They're all little kids who think they can scare you by saying that and get some statisfaction out of it. Nobody is gonna DDoS you just because you banned them, no worries.

Actually the servers were DDoSed for real.

If its a serious threat you can bring it further to your local police service. They should take care. You will need proof of them sending the packets otherwise they cannot do anything. But yeah you can tell their ISP if you want to keep it simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure they won't give a fuck.
I'd think that if they are liable for damages (which they are by allowing their customers to perform DDoS attacks with their services) that they will give a fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Well first of, 90% who says they're ''gonna DDoS you'' don't even know what DDoS means or how it's preformed. They're all little kids who think they can scare you by saying that and get some statisfaction out of it. Nobody is gonna DDoS you just because you banned them, no worries.
You don't even have idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Oh you'd be amazed

Well, seems like that specific community DDoSed multiple servers with same reason "copycat".

@LocMax, Everyone got haters. Just ignore them and they won't do shits.

Quote:
View Post
Well, if we get the IP then I guess we're able to contact their ISP?
If you will contact their isp, give them the exact date of the ddos and some more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveDweller
View Post
I'd think that if they are liable for damages (which they are by allowing their customers to perform DDoS attacks with their services) that they will give a fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone
View Post
If you will contact their isp, give them the exact date of the ddos and some more details
I'm sure they don't use their home ISP's upload isn't capable to take down a VPS server. They clearly are using botnets/booters.