OPINION; Should servers that make good/major money pay staff (admins, staff)

The title says it all.

To add context, I come from a server that is currently under high chaos, but that doesn't matter right now. The community owner, whom shall not be named at this time, makes good money from donations and has enough to pay for the host and probably for the admins that are active.

But, then I realized. There is a lot servers that are popular but admins get unpaid. (I'm not sure of this, still biased at the time until I do a full survey check on servers with 1,000 and even more members whom donate.)

Just your opinions. But, if you leave a stupid reply (e.i; yes.) (e.i, no fuck off newb.). I'll be soul crashed, .

If someone is volunteering to administrator, why should they be paid? They volunteered. Also don't forget that donations are to keep the server up. If he makes a bit extra than he needs, how's that his fault? The players are just kind enough to donate! He should not be required to give out his money to volunteers because you think so.

Unless the staff is actually contributing to the donations/server (ie: coding, website/forum work, referring players), No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent94
Посмотреть сообщение
If someone is volunteering to administrator, why should they be paid? They volunteered. Also don't forget that donations are to keep the server up. If he makes a bit extra than he needs, how's that his fault? The players are just kind enough to donate! He should not be required to give out his money to volunteers because you think so.
We over here don't volunteer to be staff members though. It's mostly handpicked, dumb system since we have a application system too. But also, staff here are quitting due to conflict and stupidity of some players.

Use it to upgrade your server, better location, bandwith, ram, etc.
I would never pay my admins, they all volunteered, as brent94 stated. If they think that administrating is a job that you work in your own office and just play GTA all day, then get paid, they are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Use it to upgrade your server, better location, bandwith, ram, etc.
I would never pay my admins, they all volunteered, as brent94 stated. If they think that administrating is a job that you work in your own office and just play GTA all day, then get paid, they are wrong.
Could you imagine how big the office of some servers would be?

OT: I was paid every now and then on a few servers I worked on. The only reason I got paid was simply I helped encourage donations and did development work.

I believe that it would be a kind thing to do. Personally, I dont want Administrators to be seen as a job, but more likely a helper that spends his time onto the server, to serve the players.

Shifts like certain servers does, and what else, where they use them as slaves without payment, is just not right.

When I had a server, I did not pay my staff, but gave them in-game bonuses (VIP bonus, extra vehicles etc.)

CODE5 should do it tho since they are "real business in EU"

Well, if the total server costs each month are say $250, and the server receives over $1,000 worth of donations each month, why shouldn't you pay your admins 10, 20, or even 50 every now and then? Administrators don't HAVE to be your administrators, and without them your server would not exist. I'm starting a new gamemode and server project, and if it succeeds and I get a fair amount of donations, I'll definitely be helping my staff financially, as they will be giving me their time to my server. And time is always money.