Hi everyone + Vps {Specs}

Hi everyone i am new to this forum and i am really enjoying the community,
thank you for those educational tutorials,
i hope to continue the learning process and give back to the community.

Also i just bought a Vps from VolumeDrive, how many people do you think i could have on a server with out lag?

{SPECS}
Server: 4 Ghz Usage
Ram: 4 GB Memory
Hard Drive: 150 GB Hard Drive Space
Bandwidth: 4000 GB Transfer
Control Panel: None
IP Address(es): 2 IP Addresses

Around 50 - 100 by the looks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
Around 50 - 100 by the looks of it.
I ran that on a 300MB vps using 120MB for the SAMP server it was a TDM server.

Also >VolumeDrive
First mistake.

It also depends on the network speeds, how quickly the server can transmit data between multiple clients at once.

If I use a new host, I often ask for a trial and run a speedtest.

You can have a larger quantity of players(100 or so), but I doubt your bandwidth will allow much more. And it also depends on your mode, if its resource heavy.

How much are you paying for that VPS per month, as I know a company that does Dedicated Servers very cheap, and no bandwidth limits.
http://www.server4you.net give it a try

Anyways, doesnt seem to be a bad VPS, shouldn't have too much trouble having a decent number of players on it.

Spec wise you're fine to hold a good 500 online players at a time no-problem, long as the gamemode is optimized and it's a one core CPU and what kind of CPU it actually is and what VPS software it's using.

Same goes for bandwidth, the old PR-RP which hit about 260-300 daily only hit about a 300GB cap a month.

Now for network is another question. I checked out the site really quickly and they don't even detail the cap limit so for all we know it could be 10mbps or 100 or 1000, so can't really answer that question and how they determain the CPU if it's one core or not.

I would personally avoid buying a VPS from them for failure to detail such information, seems unprofessional. Just about every place I've ever looked at always had that information.

Dude, I have over 30 Servers ~= 2500-3000 slots, on vps this strong, and its working just fine

2 players as it's shitty volumedrive, and they suspend server with a load above 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude, I have over 30 Servers ~= 2500-3000 slots, on vps this strong, and its working just fine
The slot count is just a number.. You can have servers totalling a million slots but if you had that many actually online, it couldn't cope. Also it's not all about specs, many VPS providers will automatically suspend your service if it goes over like 3% load.