roleplay

what do I need to make a good and popular roleplay server?

( Systems - Effects - Maps - Features ) ??

thank you

Get a well paid RP Scripter and he'll do things for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkLorD
Посмотреть сообщение
Get a well paid RP Scripter and he'll do things for you.
You could RP on a blank GM technically, but if you want a basic RP GM, I suggest going on RP servers and checking out what they have to offer.

You could start by using the search function. As this question has been asked over a hundred times and it's pointless to start a new discussion.

1 ) Start with the actual "plan", forget the script, forget the money, forget the players. What you need is a plan. Without a plan you will be no where. Just like 99.99 percent of the other RP servers.
2 ) Find people that you can TRUST - I highly recommend you to use your friends, or people who you can REALLY trust.
3 ) Those people at least few of them should have administration skills, and scripting/coding skills. PAWNO should be the main one obviously, I highly recommend you to hire someone with PHP, HTML, CSS knowledge etc.. But it is not necessary.
4 ) Now the plan that you made in step one, that plan should of had the following:

*Script Features
*Plan for the next few years
*Administration Guidelines
*Community Guidelines
*Other extra things.

5 ) Start up funding -- You would waste probably the most money on this day. Where you pay for everything, server hosting, web hosting. (If you're smart you would go with a VPS/Dedi to save money assuming you are starting a gaming community)

6 ) Looking for players, you will need players before anything really happens. Without the community members you are nothing, your community is nothing. In other words you failed. This is a very important thing.

I also highly recommend to make an AD for your server as you script the features, don't make an AD on release date like many servers do. It looks rushed and it is unpleasant to the eye. If you make an AD a month before your server launches even a week before. Trust me you will have enough time to make it look really really good.

Good luck, I can go on trying to explain everything to you but it will take days.