Why does they like NGG scripts?

I have one server which made from scratch gamemode. They also said to me "why you dont use ngg scripts" "will you open this server soon" "this server is non-playable". But i said, i hate NGG script because it was made from GF.

So, i am here to ask.. why they really like NGG scripts?

NGG servers are the epitome of innovation.

When someone opens a script similar to NGG, they want to earn like NGG. All NGG admins are moneywhores, that's why.

Because most people just doesn't like changes. They are used to NGG, they will hardly play on a server using a different script.

P.S. If you wish to play on a server using a gamemode started from scratch, add me to Friends. I'm still coding it, but I will finish it in about 1-2 months and I hope it will be an international server.(it will be difficult to convince all those romanian kids to use English, but it's worth trying)

Probably because they know all cmds they dont need to write them down or something.

NGG and only these noob RP servers are just wasting their time just think of something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
NGG and only these noob RP servers are just wasting their time just think of something different.
Indeed.

Most of them(owner) were kids i guess xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajam112
View Post
I have one server which made from scratch gamemode. They also said to me "why you dont use ngg scripts" "will you open this server soon" "this server is non-playable". But i said, i hate NGG script because it was made from GF.

So, i am here to ask.. why they really like NGG scripts?
No one is creative enough or motivated enough to make something personally. Also players seem to like consistency as in they can go to other ngg edits and know all the commands and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical
View Post
NGG servers are the epitome of innovation.
Not sure if troll or you actually think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdodd25
View Post
Not sure if troll or you actually think that.
Pretty sure it's a troll.

Same thing with COD:WaW gamemodes.
Unique custom scripted servers 0 players.
8 same servers with bugged script and demolished grammar 30+ players.

Maybe NGG script looks familiar for everyone.

Why'd one bother even looking at these servers? Any server whose active gamemode is a rip-off of another gamemode is useless or not worth trying. There will always be similarities, but there's a difference between beign similar and being a straight copy.

And what frightens me the most is that these servers actually get an active playerbase, while a well-presented server and gamemode, at points, fails to succeed. People are not willing to spend their time to learn a new gamemode, and if it's not rewarding for them to play around in your server, they'll not play. You can put in years of effort, but If you don't use demolished grammar, your server's not gonna work, because no one takes eachother work seriously anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
Why'd one bother even looking at these servers? Any server whose active gamemode is a rip-off of another gamemode is useless or not worth trying. There will always be similarities, but there's a difference between beign similar and being a straight copy.

And what frightens me the most is that these servers actually get an active playerbase, while a well-presented server and gamemode, at points, fails to succeed. People are not willing to spend their time to learn a new gamemode, and if it's not rewarding for them to play around in your server, they'll not play. You can put in years of effort, but If you don't use demolished grammar, your server's not gonna work, because no one takes eachother work seriously anymore.
That is because of the conformism, my friend. A 12 years old kid needs a lot of motivation to leave his high-level account on a regular server and play on a server using a total different gamemode. If he sees other players leaving that server for the different one, he might accept the idea of a change(just like the theists). And another aspect of the fright to play on a new server is that after you register, you are alone. You don't know anyone, you don't know many commands and there's noone to show you the server, so you leave the new server and go back to your old server.

Question them.

Because everything is already prepared for a live server. Most released gamemodes lack a lot of basic gameplay functions for roleplay.