How to stop attacks

I have a problem with my server, from time to time a different community attacks my server and bans all the members, meaning they are using some type of cheap rcon-server-hack thing. anyway my question is, is there a way to script that rcon commands can't work? I mean in the server.cgf i am afraid they can change it, so i want to change in the script itself.

I mean i can do OnRconCommand(cmd[])

but still have accses to /ban(My scripts /ban uses "SendRconCommand("ban");").

Any suggestions or thoughts?

What i think is...someone from your community gotta be using it.

anyways,
you can have them banned using :

pawn Код:
public OnRconLoginAttempt(ip[], password[], success)
{
    if(!success) //If the password was incorrect
    {
     Ban(playerid);
     }
else
{
Ban(playerid); //ban them anyways xD
}
return 1;
}

add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

it will disable rcon commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Incorrect. It disables the ability of controlling the server remotely. You can still execute commands thru the server console.

The thing is no one from my community can use the /rcon login [pass] because no matter what they put there they get banned. I made the script to do so.

So it's a external hack which i myself seen it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF
Посмотреть сообщение
add
rcon 0
in Server.cfg

--

Do you get the message?
There is no way to simply 'disable' a native RCON command from actually executing.

By adding 'rcon 0' to your server.cfg, you are disabling the external Remote Console, so players can't keep trying to access your server externally which they can eventually do using a program which I don't know if I am allowed to mention. It's not so much a 'hack', it is just more of a 'trial and error' program which keeps guessing until it is correct. Externally, they can do this an infinite amount of times without being automatically banned.

This way, the only way RCON can be accessed is by people in the server. As you said, if they use /rcon login, they get banned, so the solution is right in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoAMG
Посмотреть сообщение
--

Do you get the message?
There is no way to simply 'disable' a native RCON command from actually executing.

By adding 'rcon 0' to your server.cfg, you are disabling the external Remote Console, so players can't keep trying to access your server externally which they can eventually do using a program which I don't know if I am allowed to mention. It's not so much a 'hack', it is just more of a 'trial and error' program which keeps guessing until it is correct. Externally, they can do this an infinite amount of times without being automatically banned.

This way, the only way RCON can be accessed is by people in the server. As you said, if they use /rcon login, they get banned, so the solution is right in front of you.
That didn't stop them. I'll try once again. is there any script that when someone bans it shows the Admin IP and the hackers IP(Assuming this somehow will work also for console ban). like it checks the IP of the console banner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatThoseTheThy
Посмотреть сообщение
That didn't stop them. I'll try once again. is there any script that when someone bans it shows the Admin IP and the hackers IP(Assuming this somehow will work also for console ban). like it checks the IP of the console banner?
  1. Change your RCON password.
  2. Disable remote RCON access.
  3. Create logs to see why your people get banned by who (Command Log, Ban Log, RCON-Command Log (OnRconCommand())).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell-
Посмотреть сообщение
  1. Change your RCON password.
  2. Disable remote RCON access.
  3. Create logs to see why your people get banned by who (Command Log, Ban Log, RCON-Command Log (OnRconCommand())).
I change it daily. It is disabled for about a week now. They get banned by a external console that uses rcon.

If I find their ip I might be able to do something about it. So my quesyion is there a way to know the ip of a banner that used the server console?

is it your own scripted gamemode or any thing you downloaded from here like ng-rp ?