Server advertising system

Hello everyone.

As the title says, I'm here to address the current server advertising system (not criticizing, just expressing my opinion :P)

So, the admins/owner(s) have implemented a minimum post/reputation requirement to prevent users from creating an account just to make an ad for their server. I agree with that, 100%. But, to me, I think the post/rep racio is, to say the least, ridiculous. I mean, a new user needs 10 posts and 15 rep points to make an ad... That's 1,5 rep points per POST to make an ad. I myself think that's absurd (for example, I actually want to make an ad, but I can't because of that reputation requirement...).
Maybe you should consider switching to 20 posts and 10 rep points? Or maybe just lower the rep required, because honestly, it's too high.

Feel free to share your opinion, wether you agree or disagree, or just wanna flame at me 'cuz I'm just a newcomer (oh, would also appreciate some rep points lol... Just kidding, you don't have to)

Although it is irritating, I can see why newbies beg for reputations. It isn't especially easy getting reputation (not that I try) especially if you're unable to help in the scripting sections for whatever reason. Obviously, the only thing reputation is good for is posting advertisements.

I wouldn't mind if the 15 reps was lowered to 10, to be honest.

Last time I checked, you needed 20 reps to make an ad... Thanks for sharing your thoughts PrivatioBoni!

-----

EDIT: Ah, I see that the reps needed has lowered to 15.. I guess you're right Privatio But I still think it's too high :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJones
Посмотреть сообщение
That's 2 rep points per POST to make an ad.
That isn't strictly speaking true. Most moderate to high level people around here give more than 5 at once. Oftentimes even more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
That isn't strictly speaking true. Most moderate to high level people around here give more than 5 at once. Oftentimes even more than that.
Well, I guess I have yet to encounter one of those people you speak of... Thanks for your opinion Vince, appreciate it

Seems legit, I support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsbydre
Посмотреть сообщение
Seems legit, I support this.
Thank you very much for your support!

Aww you're welcome brother. Honestly it is helly hard to get some reputation especially when you have nothing to do with scripting or doesn't know how to...As Boni already have said though, most reputation points are given away in the script section but whatever, I think being active and helping everywhere you can brings it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsbydre
Посмотреть сообщение
Aww you're welcome brother. Honestly it is helly hard to get some reputation especially when you have nothing to do with scripting or doesn't know how to...As Boni already have said though, most reputation points are given away in the script section but whatever, I think being active and helping everywhere you can brings it either.
Yeah, it is quite hard to get reps, specially when you don't know jack about scripting... Like me lol :P

Do something good for community, you 'll get reputations!
Reply to some basic topics in forum like 'PC" Questions, etc...