Just a small bit of help

Hey guys, so basically here is the problem. I started my server with Volt-Host (Bad Idea since their new UCP is horendous) anyways the point is other people can connect to my server but I can't. It just gives me the good Ole' "Retrieving Info" bullshit, and my friends are playing on it.

I don't have any Firewall asides my Windows one, and I have the correct version...

Help :/

Are you sure the server and yourself are on the same SA:MP version? (including release candidate).

I can't really think of any other reason why it wouldn't work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoap
View Post
Are you sure the server and yourself are on the same SA:MP version? (including release candidate).

I can't really think of any other reason why it wouldn't work!
I don't really know, i'm not to experienced with this kind of thing, so sorry :/

if you want to make a server make sure your server is complete things like /rcon and etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit X ionz
View Post
I don't really know, i'm not to experienced with this kind of thing, so sorry :/
Make sure you have the same client version as the one your server is running. The most recent would be 0.3z which can be found on the official samp website @ sa-mp.com

You can contact the Volt-Host staff or show us the serverlog.txt

I tried contacting Volt-Host, but they take ages to respond. The Server log wouldn't show you anything as the server won't even be recognized by my SAMP client.

What happens if you ping your server IP through command prompt?

> Run "cmd"
> Type "ping yourserveriphere" (without ports)

It says I couldn't connect to it.

Actually say "Request Timed out"

I'd guess that the issue is related to:

- Firewall within your PC. Try alternative PC or mobile to see if the IP pings (it shouldn't give 'Request Timed out') with the same internet.
- Your IP is blocked by the provider (Volt Host) or your server IP is blocked by your ISP (try contacting them too)
- Your router maybe causing issues. Try restarting your router.
- Flushing your DNS may also solve this, which can be done through command prompt (type 'ipconfig /flushdns')