PC help.

Alright so. After that Laptop thread i took my laptop to repairs man. He said it wont be done at least for 2 weeks. I took my old PC got everything connected and here is the deal. After i press the start button it makes one beep and then shuts down. IDK what happened i never seen anything like that. I tried reseting CMOS and nothing. Please help i need PC for school.

Check your computers manual. Different motherboards mean different things. Is everyone wired up correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MP]Ditch
Посмотреть сообщение
Check your computers manual. Different motherboards mean different things. Is everyone wired up correctly?
Yes. I mean i dont have manual PC is like 10 years old

Could be damaged ram or damaged ram port, try taking one out and starting the pc then taking out the other ram and starting the pc if it has two ram cards otherwise if you only have one take it to the repair shop and ask them to test the ram and ports.Could also be the motherboard and thousands of other reasons but its most likely the ram or motherboard.I built a computer a week or so ago and it did the same like yours and turns out it was the motherboard so I hope for you its not the motherboard cause I had to buy a new one and now it works.

Before i stopped using PC it was normal everything was working fine.

Trouble shoot disconnect hd/cd-drive and only run essential components - RAM Processor on board video if you have it. Then start putting stuff back in one at a time.

Try cleaning out the dust from your PC, that helped me tons of times when I thought my PC was dead. Feel free to use a vacuum cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
Try cleaning out the dust from your PC, that helped me tons of times when I thought my PC was dead. Feel free to use a vacuum cleaner
Kk

Sometimes when a computer turns on an makes a beep there might not be any operating system installed. Like Zues said, could be damaged ram. When you handle computer hardware ALWAYS touch a grounded metal surface first to get any static electricity from your body. If you pick up a computer component and it shocks you, throw that piece away, its now useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
Feel free to use a vacuum cleaner
I wouldn't advise that. If you do use one, put it on the lowest setting. Keep the fans in place with your fingers so you don't accidentally break them. I'd advise using a can of compressed air or, if you have it, an air compressor.