SA-MP server cores

How many cores can a sa-mp server use?

Is it better for me to buy a vps with 4 cores or is it a waste of money?

I read somewhere that the server can use only one core so that's why i'm asking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizion
Посмотреть сообщение
How many cores can a sa-mp server use?

Is it better for me to buy a vps with 4 cores or is it a waste of money?

I read somewhere that the server can use only one core so that's why i'm asking this.
A samp server will only use one core.

So i should just buy the most basic vps with one core? Presumably with the highest clock speed?

VPS's wont give you dedicated cores, it's shared cores.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So i should just buy the most basic vps with one core? Presumably with the highest clock speed?
Who are you buying from?

unless it's XEN I don't recommend vps at all, plus the more ghz in the cpu the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftpower
Посмотреть сообщение
unless it's XEN I don't recommend vps at all, plus the more ghz in the cpu the better.
Even Xen has shared CPU usage. More GHz =/= Better CPU

I'm currently on a dedicated server, but my SA-MP server uses ~70% CPU with ~200 players online. Sometimes it briefly hits 100% and the server "hangs" for a while. Obviously i want to fix that so i started searching for a new server and i found a nice 4 core VPS (my current dedicated server has 2 cores). But that's now out of the question since SA-MP servers can only use 1 core.

Does anyone know any good dedicated / vps servers with 1 core and a lot of GHz? In Europe.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm currently on a dedicated server, but my SA-MP server uses ~70% CPU with ~200 players online. Sometimes it briefly hits 100% and the server "hangs" for a while. Obviously i want to fix that so i started searching for a new server and i found a nice 4 core VPS (my current dedicated server has 2 cores). But that's now out of the question since SA-MP servers can only use 1 core.

Does anyone know any good dedicated / vps servers with 1 core and a lot of GHz? In Europe.
http://nfoservers.com
Their Europe (Frankfurt, Germany) VPS machines are all new machines AFAIK. They also have great DDoS protection, firewall control, etc. It only costs $9 for a 1 GB, 1 core Linux only machine which will likely serve you great.

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
http://ark.intel.com/products/75279/...Cache-3_00-GHz

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

What is the CPU in your current server? Have you tried to optimize your script to lower it's CPU usage?