A few questions about SAMP and things pertaining to it.

If you can answer any, or all of these questions, I thank you for being knowledgeable about SAMP.

1) Why is an 8 year old program -- that almost doesn't work anymore -- kept in the SAMP server package? (Pawno) Are there plans for a new library to be included in the package since this one is almost unusable? (Don't get me wrong, I love Pawno, but it stopped receiving updates in 2006, and I have to run the base program and compiler in compatibility mode, and doing certain actions, that shouldn't crash pawno, crash pawno anyways.)

2) Are there any other websites like GameMP? And if there aren't, why did the SAMP developers choose to have a hosted tab that can only be set up by that site alone? And finally, how does GameMP make the server "Hosted?"

3) How long is SAMP expecting to continue receiving updates, and when -- if possible -- are all the hacks / exploits going to be patched completely? (Why must the users be responsible for patching hacks on their server?)

I am not meaning to sound biased at all in these questions, but I am asking in a serious manner. I apologize if these have been answered before, but I couldn't find valid answers. Thanks for your time.

1) There's nothing wrong with Pawno. It works well on modern systems, thus leaving me to conclude that you are doing something wrong.

2) GameMP is the only site, as it is owned and controlled by SA-MP itself. I think that should answer all your questions about it.

3) Nobody knows. For all we know, Kalcor could already have stopped working on it. The other extreme would be that the next version will be released tomorrow. We are not obligated to anything here, thus we can only hope Kalcor will continue.

To answer your question regarding why users should patch some hacks. Some would call it lazyness from Kalcor's end, but from my understanding it could be something else. When an 'official' anti hack/cheat/etc. is added to the client, it doesn't take long for someone to find a way to either avoid or exploit it. The ones who release the cheat software will all target this official anti-cheat, thus resulting in an useless anti cheat for the next couple of months. After that a new update is released and the cycle starts anew. When the users make their own variation on a scripted anti-cheat, however, it becomes way harder to break, due to each of them worming slightly different. Furthermore, would an exploit be found, it can be patched in a matter of days instead of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
1) Why is an 8 year old program -- that almost doesn't work anymore -- kept in the SAMP server package? (Pawno) Are there plans for a new library to be included in the package since this one is almost unusable? (Don't get me wrong, I love Pawno, but it stopped receiving updates in 2006, and I have to run the base program and compiler in compatibility mode, and doing certain actions, that shouldn't crash pawno, crash pawno anyways.)
Think about all the current servers running off pawn. ALL of them would have to completely rewrite their code in another language. This and the fact that there is absolutely no problem regarding bugs or compatibility with pawn are the reason why changing makes absolutely no sense.

1. I use SCIte myself. It is available in both flavors Windows and Linux. I have also read about using Note Pad 2.
2. I think this has been answered - but I don't see the point when you get the most current listing when you fire up the SA-MP Client.
3. You asked, "Why must the users be responsible for patching hacks on their server?". Oh really now? Since when hasn't it not been YOUR responsibility to maintain your PC/public server? If you are getting free service, I want that too. lol

Smells like troll shit around here someplace.

I personally think the modification "SA-MP" will never be down. The only thing which could possibly happen is Kalcor losing his interest in SA-MP. Server owners could still work with SA-MP as long the critical exploits are still getting fixed.

About your anti-cheat statement, there is no sufficient reason to create a basic implemented anti cheat system within SA-MP. The creators of the cheats are still able to find a way to still do it. I am an administrator on a well known server and it has an advanced anti-cheat system but sometimes hackers are still getting through this anti-cheat system, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMercury
Посмотреть сообщение
1. I use SCIte myself. It is available in both flavors Windows and Linux. I have also read about using Note Pad 2.
2. I think this has been answered - but I don't see the point when you get the most current listing when you fire up the SA-MP Client.
3. You asked, "Why must the users be responsible for patching hacks on their server?". Oh really now? Since when hasn't it not been YOUR responsibility to maintain your PC/public server? If you are getting free service, I want that too. lol

Smells like troll shit around here someplace.
I'm not understanding your points. He's asking valid questions and you seem to have answered without really any thought seeing as he's not asking anything about the current listing but about if there is any other site like game-mp.