Dedicated Servers

Hello,
I was wondering how many people gere have dedicated servers, what are the specs and what do you pay.

The reason Im asking is because I started offering dedis recently and I want to know if my prices for the specs are good, or if they need work. (Im not advertising and im not releasing prices or anything here).

Also, how much would you pay/month for...

Xeon E5 1620v2
64 GB RAM
2x2 TB HDD
500 Mbps connection

Xeon E5 1620v2
64 GB RAM
2x2 TB HDD
2x240GB SSD
Windows 2012 R2
500 Mbps connection

Xeon E5 1650v2
128 GB RAM
2x2 TB HDD
500 Mbps connection

Xeon E5 2650v2
128 GB RAM
2x2 TB HDD
500 Mbps connection

Xeon E5 2670v2
256 GB RAM
2x2 TB HDD
500 Mbps connection

If you don't know what pricing you should be offering and what processors are good for what you shouldn't be in the hosting industry.

Go to school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
Посмотреть сообщение
If you don't know what pricing you should be offering and what processors are good for what you shouldn't be in the hosting industry.

Go to school.
I graduated school already...

I know what pricing I should be offering, I'm just trying to get a feel for what people think it's worth and what they would pay.

If you aren't going to provide useful and relevant information to this thread, don't post. It's as simple as that. I'm not forcing you to post. I'm asking for opinions, and not whether I should go back to college or not because I won't unless you pay for it and my living expenses.

Honestly, this forum really went to shit. If you want to get your post count up, at least make some shit up.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Go to school.
Who are you to judge him on that sir?

OP: For the last one, maybe it could go up to $400? Also, you need to provide better connection speeds. Maybe like GBps? Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm not into dedicated stuff

Check the prices of something like OVH, that's what you're competing with. Dedicated servers are so ridiculously cheap now, it's hard to make a profit as a 'little guy' in the hosting industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
I graduated school already...

I know what pricing I should be offering, I'm just trying to get a feel for what people think it's worth and what they would pay.

If you aren't going to provide useful and relevant information to this thread, don't post. It's as simple as that. I'm not forcing you to post. I'm asking for opinions, and not whether I should go back to college or not because I won't unless you pay for it and my living expenses.

Honestly, this forum really went to shit. If you want to get your post count up, at least make some shit up.
Alright here's a real answer for you then.

Calculate how much it is costing you annually to colocate the servers in a DC then you can put 20% or whatever you deem necessary on top of that. If you're reselling (assuming this option) you can take out the colocation fees and just use the price it is to resell.

I've been around the SAMP community for 6 years now, I don't give a flying f*ck what my post count is, clearly you do by posting sh*t threads like this that should be self explanatory to anybody with a brain, if you want to see what people are willing to pay for try browsing webhostingtalk or using ******.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anonymous
Посмотреть сообщение

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Calculate how much it is costing you annually to colocate the servers in a DC then you can put 20% or whatever you deem necessary on top of that. If you're reselling (assuming this option) you can take out the colocation fees and just use the price it is to resell.

I've been around the SAMP community for 6 years now, I don't give a flying f*ck what my post count is, clearly you do by posting sh*t threads like this that should be self explanatory to anybody with a brain, if you want to see what people are willing to pay for try browsing webhostingtalk or using ******.

Geez, don't you have anger management issues. If you, the almighty one who has been here for 6 years, would've read his post, he isn't looking for what other hosting companies are asking for comparable setups. He is asking what this community would want to pay for it. Two very different things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Geez, don't you have anger management issues. If you, the almighty one who has been here for 6 years, would've read his post, he isn't looking for what other hosting companies are asking for comparable setups. He is asking what this community would want to pay for it. Two very different things...
What can I say, SAMP forums make me angry

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Go to school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anonymous
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Wut? I agree with Mr.Anonymous here... Who are you to judge him?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Im sure you dont give a flying f*ck. But if you didnt, you wouldnt post rediculous irrelevent posts calling everyone stupid. This thread isnt near as stupid as other things i see here. Btw, maybe you should go back to school because 2014 -2011 = 3. Not 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you.