NPC Question About AI

Sorry, I am trying to wrap my head around the NPC coding. From what I am reading The NPC created will only follow recorded actions and will not do the following;
  • Panic when shot by a player.
  • Return fire when attacked by the player.
  • Attempt to kill the player or other NPC.
I am familiar more with the Cleo coding and I realize SA-MP is designed around humans interacting with humans. I would like to know, if there are any examples of more advanced AI control? I have seen a few video examples of scripts that make recordings. In my opinion, there isn't much of a point to AI that cannot interact with the players.

Here is all you need. I don't have much of an experience with NPCs, but there are also a few things you should know:

- you can't kill them
- if you hit them with a vehicle, it's like hitting a building
- they do not appear as players
- they use player slots
- etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiTaL_AnGeL
Посмотреть сообщение
Here is all you need. I don't have much of an experience with NPCs, but there are also a few things you should know:

- you can't kill them
- if you hit them with a vehicle, it's like hitting a building
- they do not appear as players
- they use player slots
- etc
or

you can use NPC plugin (such as FCNPC) to do it.

It's possible to make a AI that follows you around and tries to shoot you if you're near it.
There was a video of one posted a while back. However I'm not sure how they did that.
I'll try and find it for you and post it.

Thanks everyone for all your help, I am toying around with this trying to relate it to my limited experience with the SCM scripting language or Cleo. The game AI isn't much more than recorded animation playback either. They have it assembled as packs and then you assign a character the animation pack.

@Lynn: There is a decision maker that no one ever seemed to comprehend fully. lol You would ask and get 10 different answers as to how a decision maker worked. Most of the modders copied and used Ryder's code from "Cleaning Up the Hood".

I downloaded FCNPC which looks pretty good. Thanks and +REP to doreto for that! That will give me plenty to toy with for the remainder of my weekend.