[Plugin] SampSharp - Write gamemodes in .NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm considering putting together a proposal for a community project for a SA-MP server with a gamemode coded in C# using vNext of this library (which supports .Net Core). Following the most up to date and best practices, we could put together a fairly decent project. Open source on GitHub, a decent branching strategy with pull requests and code reviews, following a decent agile methodology, fully integrated with a CI environment with automated deployments to a development and staging environment (and eventually production), good coding practices - SOLID, DRY, unit testing etc. and a decent testing strategy which requires a tester to sign off functionality before it's completed.

Just wondering before I present my idea if there are many experienced C# developers in this community that would be willing to get involved? (Preferably older than 15 )

We'd need some testers too!
I can give you a hand. You should start a topic about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm considering putting together a proposal for a community project for a SA-MP server with a gamemode coded in C# using vNext of this library (which supports .Net Core). Following the most up to date and best practices, we could put together a fairly decent project. Open source on GitHub, a decent branching strategy with pull requests and code reviews, following a decent agile methodology, fully integrated with a CI environment with automated deployments to a development and staging environment (and eventually production), good coding practices - SOLID, DRY, unit testing etc. and a decent testing strategy which requires a tester to sign off functionality before it's completed.

Just wondering before I present my idea if there are many experienced C# developers in this community that would be willing to get involved? (Preferably older than 15 )

We'd need some testers too!
That sounds good! But before I engage, more info would be nice

I could probably help too with some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwareWolf
Посмотреть сообщение
I want a list of the features TypeScript, PHP, and Python has that C# doesn't to support that asinine comment. I'll wait.
You probably never heard of Python 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm3hdi
Посмотреть сообщение
Python is for newbies. High school drop-outs. No Offence. I'll leave it there.

All languages are great for their own reasons, and in different contexts they do their duties better. Python definitely is a great language, but in my opinion c# is better fitting for writing gamemodes.

Let's leave the language war here, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolence101
Посмотреть сообщение
That's weird, there are so many job ads I see every day looking for Python developer.

OT: Not sure how this thread got into a language war though, if you don't like C# don't use the plugin? If you want to see another language used in SA-MP, go make it yourself. I might consider using this myself, I'm currently learning C# by myself and this could make things interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3TT
View Post
If you want to see another language used in SA-MP, go make it yourself.
I might add, that in the next version, the SampSharp plugin is very flexibe, allowing people to write support for other languages without having to touch c++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm3hdi
Посмотреть сообщение
You probably never developed in C# .NET

edit
Out of respect for ikkentim, not going to reply anymore, sorry I read your message after posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolence101
Посмотреть сообщение
OMFG WTF

Love it! Awesome plugin for those of us that use C#.

That was amazing, i will use it! Good job bro! C# it's the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi
Посмотреть сообщение
C# it's the future.
Well - not quite, but it sure is better than PAWN xD
As long as Microsoft doesn't support C# on *nix operating systems, it won't be future.
And yes I know - there is Mono framework that is basically C# for all operating systems, but its performances cannot be compared to .NET and its not official Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor
Посмотреть сообщение
Well - not quite, but it sure is better than PAWN xD
As long as Microsoft doesn't support C# on *nix operating systems, it won't be future.
And yes I know - there is Mono framework that is basically C# for all operating systems, but its performances cannot be compared to .NET and its not official Microsoft
Microsoft actually supports dot net on Linux these days. Check out dot net core, which you can use with the upcoming version of sampsharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
Microsoft actually supports dot net on Linux these days. Check out dot net core, which you can use with the upcoming version of sampsharp.
I see they made huge progress since they announced it.
My mistake

I have a problem when I load my mappings. I have converted them as indicated here (http://sampsharp.timpotze.nl/converting-objects)
Here I put the code: http://i.imgur.com/qOz9h6F.png
And this is the error that gives me in the console when I start the GM: http://i.imgur.com/Glx4Sav.png

Can anybody help me?

This is amazing. I started working on some projects with this plugin so far so good

@ikkentim would it be difficult to make a wrapper for FCNPC ?
And how it is going for 0.8, are you making some progress?
Will you implement the "gamemode reload without server restart" option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a problem when I load my mappings. I have converted them as indicated here (http://sampsharp.timpotze.nl/converting-objects)
Here I put the code: http://i.imgur.com/qOz9h6F.png
And this is the error that gives me in the console when I start the GM: http://i.imgur.com/Glx4Sav.png

Can anybody help me?
Use GlobalObject not DynamicObject.
example:
Код:
new GlobalObject(353, new Vector3(player.Position.X, player.Position.Y, player.Position.Z-1), new Vector3(90, 90, 90));

It is not feasible to use global objects with the amount of objects we have on our server. I have already solved the problem and charged the objects externally. It would be luxurious if they put the version for CentOS 64 bits of the server.