What do you want to see in a Cops and Robbers gamemode?

To begin, I'd just like to say I am only creating this topic to get idea's and to know what players enjoy doing in a Cops and Robbers gamemode.

So my partner and I have been developing a "Apocalyptic" themed Cops and Robbers gamemode for the past 2 weeks. We've got a lot done and we're currently working on vehicles and adding more robbable shops. The thing is, I've never created one before so this is a completely new experience to me.

So I'm here to ask you guys - what do you want to see in a Cops and Robbers server? What type of features, etc. I appreciate any and all feedback you can provide as it will help the overall development of this Cops and Robbers gamemode.

Here's a few pictures showing the current few elements of our gamemode.

This is a picture of the Idlewood Area. I'd like to note that we don't usually have this much grass and we're going to be making adjustments to it to avoid lag. The yellow bar on the bottom isn't actually developed yet - but we plan on integrating it with our "Karma" system. Think of Fallout 3 here. Karma will be the players score. We're still thinking of ideas, so I can't really give you more information as of yet.

This is a picture of the freeway, displaying some of the mappings.

And finally - this is a picture showing the "Most Wanted" vehicle. We're most likely going to change the model. The most wanted vehicle will randomly spawn after 15 minutes at a random location. If a player delivers it to the drop off point they earn cash. This is just a small feature we added.

This seems like a really cool gamemode! What about fuel consumption as it is an after-apocalypse themed gamemode? Like gasoline would be expensive as fuck and thats a good reason for the crime rate to be high :P

Also some good aspects for a cops n robbers is a fast and easy to use UI. Like when on foot, a cop should be able to put handcuffs on a criminal by pressing "H".

The karma system seems like a good idea but how would it exactly work? If you play as a criminal all the time would that mean that you have the worst luck ever in everything you do?

The mapping looks awesome too, excellent atmosphere. Maybe add some particle effect like smoke or fog in some areas to limit the view of players and create good hiding places?

Just some ideas, hope you like them :P

I appreciate the feedback, sekonoppa.

We're not too sure how to develop the karma system, as of yet. Currently when you do a bad act such as rob a store your karma will go down. We have a black market shop implemented right now and we were thinking of basing the prices off of your karma. But the thing is, we just need ideas of how bandits should acquire such a thing.

As for the Army, they acquire karma by killing wanted bandits. The higher the wanted level the bandit has, the more karma they recieve. They get +1 karma for every wanted level. If they kill a innocent bandit they loose some as well.

I don't have any suggestions yet, but I would just like to point out that even in a post-apocalyptic world, grass doesn't grow on the road, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't have any suggestions yet, but I would just like to point out that even in a post-apocalyptic world, grass doesn't grow on the road, lol.
Yep. We're changing it up next update. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekonoppa
Посмотреть сообщение
This seems like a really cool gamemode! What about fuel consumption as it is an after-apocalypse themed gamemode? Like gasoline would be expensive as fuck and thats a good reason for the crime rate to be high :P
I'm currently building a dynamic vehicle system for the server that will include gas consumption, engine health, tires, and having to scavenge for car parts to get a vehicle running.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Also some good aspects for a cops n robbers is a fast and easy to use UI. Like when on foot, a cop should be able to put handcuffs on a criminal by pressing "H".
I fucking hate commands. For that reason, right now, all an Army soldier has to do is gundown someone who is wanted.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The karma system seems like a good idea but how would it exactly work? If you play as a criminal all the time would that mean that you have the worst luck ever in everything you do?
Nope, as a criminal, you decrease in karma anytime you rob. As a soldier, you earn karma for killing a wanted bandit, and earn the money they robbed from the store (if they robbed less than 3 minutes before.) The more good karma you have, the better weapons you will get as an army member. Bandits must purchase their weapons on the black market. There's more to the system, but I'm trying to be brief.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The mapping looks awesome too, excellent atmosphere. Maybe add some particle effect like smoke or fog in some areas to limit the view of players and create good hiding places?
The mapping was made by Ranger so long ago. He tried to release it, but alot of people gave him shitty replies. I said "Why dont we create a server with those mappings?" Now, here we are.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Just some ideas, hope you like them :P
I am excited to tell you that your ideas are being implemented, or have been taken into consideration. Thanks for the response, and glad to see youre interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Depends on the conditions. Grass will grow anywhere if you give it time.

it depends it in a mappings area or you can /rcon to use all of your things that can make a Good mappings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyokie
Посмотреть сообщение
it depends it in a mappings area or you can /rcon to use all of your things that can make a Good mappings
w a t

I suggest you:
PlayerCP (UCP)
Enough Mappings
House System
Business System (Ownable)(Robable)
Bank System
Gas System (Fuel)
Race System
Mini-Game(s) System
...many more

That will make it AWESOME!!!