Loss of signal after a few minutes of gameplay!

I'm not sure why but I my monitor looses signal after a few minutes of gameplay..Roughly 5-8 minutes of play.

My graphics card:

NVIDA GForce 210
Using VGA(My monitor does not support anything else LOL)
PCI BUS 1

I had it for about a year now works great until I run some games...the only thing that I have an issue is the small cooling fan was defective so I removed it about a few months ago.

I'm guessing my video card overheats and shuts down? But it will run my operating system for hours with no issues...

Any tips on what else it could be? My option rite now is to just get a new one but I want to know if it could possibly be something else before I do that

Also my display settings for GTA are all set to better performance,not really interested in quality of the display.
And resolution @ 1058....

Please help with some tips....

If you really removed the fan from the heatsink it's no wonder if it overheats. Games require more power and therefore the GPU generates more heat so it overheats much faster while gaming than with desktop usage. The fan is there for a reason. Sure you could try the general tip of reinstalling the drivers but I believe the heat is causing your problems in this case. If you can acquire another card somewhere plug it in and see if there's any change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
Посмотреть сообщение
If you really removed the fan from the heatsink it's no wonder if it overheats. Games require more power and therefore the GPU generates more heat so it overheats much faster while gaming than with desktop usage. The fan is there for a reason. Sure you could try the general tip of reinstalling the drivers but I believe the heat is causing your problems in this case. If you can acquire another card somewhere plug it in and see if there's any change.
well I noticed that,it was the only game that crashes..other games I play on my pc(not multiplayer tho) don't seem to crash/freeze at all. But yes I'm going to attempt a new graphics card and a propper installation I had a shitty gta torrent but i doubt the torrent was the issue...

Don't speak about torrents here because you'll end up banned. Remove it quickly.

When your pc is booting hit F2 and go to the bios setup then make sure that temp warnings is enabled that will let you know before your pc shutdown for overheating if it was the cause