Laptop overheating issue

Okay, so my 2000-350US HP notebook keeps overheating. How-ever, this hasn't happened until just recently. I even try just running ****** chrome, and SA:MP but it will still overheat. The maximum tempature is 90degrees... I don't want to have anything done, or altered. I don't want to invest any money at all. Is there any way I can maybe reduce the often-ness of this, or make it happen less frequently, if even at all without spending any money?

Thanks,
DamonD

Try to clean laptop fan, Dont apply water!

How do I do that? Do I have to open anything up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
Try to clean laptop fan, Dont apply water!
try cleaning dust and stuff with air compressor. And you can try using baby oil to clean it (Baby oil is non-conductible)

Place your laptop in the fridge, kidding. :P

You've not even tried to search this in ******, no doubt of that. But since you are too lazy to do it, I found you some good source.
http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Your-Lap...om-Overheating
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...p-Overheating/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Посмотреть сообщение
How do I do that? Do I have to open anything up?
Yes open it, Make sure to use your tool kit and dont touch boards and all, Just carefuly open, I guess bottom, Some laptops have rubber balls or rubber circle over them remove them and make sure that dont loose your screws.

After cleaning dust just apply small small small amount of oil on a tissue paper or strip, Like really little amount and rub that strip or paper on fans spinning area, Make sure dont scratch any boards or rom etc, Small scratch can create malfunctioning so be catious while opening and closing.

Have you overclocked anything within the computer? Clean the PC, if it keeps happening, try looking at the fan. Afterwards change it if the problem continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Посмотреть сообщение
without spending any money
Without spending any money, you can't do anything.

The main thing is to get a laptop cooler. Nothing much can be done to solve the heating issues of laptop. Once the laptop is about 2-4 years, it's lifespan is near or going to end, it tends to get such issues. And after more years, you will get hardware issues with it.

Do you have an air vent at the bottom of your laptop? Or it is just at the right or left side. If it is at the bottom, just place at some stand instead of some flat surfaces which can easily cause issues such as heating as we speak.

Get in a room with low temperature. In summers, I'm mostly using my laptop in some air-conditioned room which can reduce heating.

Reduce the loads on it. Try removing the stuff which is not used such as some application which are running everytime at background. Use CCleaner to clean up the cache, temporary files, and stuff.

Clean up your fans and dust which is inside. Take it to some repair/service centre if you have no experience in unscrewing the laptop.

I suggest you to buy a cooling pad or some people call it cooling fan it doesn't matter what you call it but this helps making your laptop cool rather than letting the built in fan do all the work.

I use this one for my laptop - http://www.amazon.co.uk/adjustable-c...tp_s2_edpp_url

You can choose anything you like I use the link I gave you and my laptop never overheats.

- You need money if you want your laptop life to expand.

Ight, Hp's are known to be overheated, ive owned serval hp's what i did in the end was to change the colling pasta, that helps a lot.