Donators feature for roleplay?

Me and my friends are making a roleplay server, we've already done so many features.

I need an idea feature for donators? We have made special vehicles like bmx, bullet, etc which need you to be in VIP to access it (and you need to buy the vehicles).

Any other suggestions? as long as it's not giving money, levels, or anything which give donators an advantage.

None, You should donate to a server because you like it not to get anything in return. A donation is to support something..

But people sometimes need something which worth to be donated. What about name change need to pay? Is it good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzley
View Post
But people sometimes need something which worth to be donated. What about name change need to pay? Is it good?
That shouldn't be a donation rather a service, which is gaining someone. Maybe give them a forum user banner or signature.

Try giving them "special houses". For example, tell your mapper to map some cool houses and you can add to server only for donators. They will enjoy the houses for a cheap price, maybe 10$ for each house but they must be good.

If they donate really high amount, Then that's better to treat them gracefully, Give them a small part or map for them a small island and name it as 'donor(s) name'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
View Post
If they donate really high amount, Then that's better to treat them gracefully, Give them a small part or map for them a small island and name it as 'donor(s) name'.
What a way to kill the economy of a RP server and turn it into another shit server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGGGeNNdA
View Post
Try giving them "special houses". For example, tell your mapper to map some cool houses and you can add to server only for donators. They will enjoy the houses for a cheap price, maybe 10$ for each house but they must be good.
And how's that not destroying role-play for others who aren't capable of paying via IRL methods to gain something luxurious in their possession? Allow them to have their own chat in-game, private one for donators, as well as some title in the forums for them, should be enough considering it's donation.

For donors,
They should have a VIP CArs

Don't give anything that regular players wouldn't be able to acquire in one way or another. You can make things cheaper or increase some limits (amount of houses/cars/weapons/ammo/... that can be owned).

Alright thank you for the suggestions I appreciate it. Gonna discuss those suggestions with my friends

i am still gonna suggest even if i am late. if you have like toys and stuff make extra slots that only Donators can use them. or add features like they can get two jobs or they have like a special vehicle designed for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
i am still gonna suggest even if i am late. if you have like toys and stuff make extra slots that only Donators can use them. or add features like they can get two jobs or they have like a special vehicle designed for them.
Yeah we do have clothing feature. Yap maybe that's a good idea for making donators have extra slots. Special vehicles are bmx, bullet, banshee, and sanchez which need donator level to be given and donators have to buy the vehicle in order to have it.

Thanks anyway

Don't give them anything that gives them more of an advantage (Such as cars, houses, etc.) Make it simple such as a free teamspeak 3 channel, Accessories that they can wear, Maybe a car that they can use (But cannot own).

First of all, if it's a roleplay server, it doesn't need any significant donator features. Perhaps a forum title, a donators chat or increasing the amount of things to own (as Vince said), but do not add features that spawn items into your server (weapons, money, etc) as the only servers that hand out free weapons to "donators" are not really roleplay anyways.

If you're just starting a server, you shouldn't think about features for donors. Can you really not afford to pay $5/month for a 50 slot server?

You might want to check this thread: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=374247 (donations part)

All you need is to be creative, you've got to offer something that won't affect the IC aspect of your game and still appeal. For exemple, donators could be granted exclusive parts of the forum where developers would tell them what they are working on, etc.

That's just a two-second-thought idea, but you get the point. Have fun with your server!

Like Escapist, I think that they should not get any special privillages that (could) effect the character ICly, or impact roleplay/RP scenarios.

Maybe donators could get:
- VIP Chat
- VIP Name Color
- Special Forum Access
- OOC Chilling area

You get the point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Don't give anything that regular players wouldn't be able to acquire in one way or another. You can make things cheaper or increase some limits (amount of houses/cars/weapons/ammo/... that can be owned).
I agree with Vince here to be honest.

Make donate for admin.
Profit.