What feature(s) would you most like to see on a roleplay server?

A group of 4 friends (including myself) have been working on developing a roleplay server for the past seven and a half months. The script has been made from scratch, with new developments, features and aspects of a roleplay server added over time. Some are mainstream features, whilst others are more unique. We are working on making the server as dynamic and as unique as possible. However, we need some help. We are nearly finished the v.1.0 script, and have fixed the majority of the bugs that were present, however we feel that it would be appropriate to get some community feedback. So this is where we'd like you to come in.

What would you most like to see on a roleplay server?

It can be anything from a unique mapping piece, to a feature that is unprecedented. We appreciate all responses, and will take into account all feedback and suggestions for the server in progress.

We've got this server ready to launch, so it's not like this thread is the start of building a new server. The script is 90% complete, but new additions is what we ideally would like to implement. The suggestions you may put forward could be script-related, forum-related or just general tips! We will appreciate all feedback whether it constructive criticism or what have you.

Thanks in advance!

A feature I'd like to see is the server lasting longer than 2 weeks/a month at it's most..

What about a town that isn't part of SA. Like a completely new mapped town to RP in.

Quote:

A feature I'd like to see is the server lasting longer than 2 weeks/a month at it's most..

Well that's what we are aiming to do, and exceed that 2-4 week barrier which many new servers get stuck in.

Quote:

What about a town that isn't part of SA. Like a completely new mapped town to RP in.

That's interesting. However, it'd cause a lot of complications. The actual map would need to be big enough to suffice the playerbase, and with with the way SA:MP map construction, or other mapping programs, work objects would need to fit together, and that can be especially hard with roads. Not to mention the complication of players getting OP-codes due to some objects. It's one that'll be discussed, however.

I think it'd be better to have some unique mapping in the city we chose, rather than create a new city though. As we already have a basis to work upon.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ahhh,,, for me i like to see a kind admins not a noob that's all

I would like to see every feature which is expected in a roleplay server - including but not limited to: fun jobs which don't get instantly boring, fun factions, ability to buy stuff without slaving behind the computer for hours to actually get, etc...

In my opinion, the unique features you're hoping people to come out with are only going to come from your brains (only). Hardly anyone's going to want to divulge amazing ideas. If you want my advice, think of as many as you can, release the server to the public and see what they suggest on your own forums. That way, they probably won't be giving ideas you already have implemented and I'm sure you could add these features relatively quickly -- I have faith in you. I do genuinely think the unique ideas will probably come from the staff itself though.

Fort Carson is a great place to RP.