Scripting PAWN

Hey there, I am quite good in C++ and I am also tester in one TDM server, where I love testing and the developers have asked me to learn PAWN as it's easier than C++. I read whole SAMP wiki, and it looks easy. Now I don't know where to start, can you please provide me the link of any gamemode (prefering TDM) from where I can how it's scripted , edit it and learn it by my ways.

P.S how do you guys remember so many functions in PAWN? by scripting 24/7 or anything else?

Go through wiki, after reading each function try to make something, Download a normal basic gamemode go through it, Open wiki search for the function and see how to use and where to use.

Understand all callbacks like what is function of this callback and how to use and when to.

Then, With help of wiki only you'll know about pawno, I saw some pawno which correct variables and other function.
Remember that pawno is case-sensitive.

PS:- In pawno also we use C++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
Go through wiki, after reading each function try to make something, Download a normal basic gamemode go through it, Open wiki search for the function and see how to use and where to use.

Understand all callbacks like what is function of this callback and how to use and when to.

Then, With help of wiki only you'll know about pawno, I saw some pawno which correct variables and other function.
Remember that pawno is case-sensitive.

PS:- In pawno also we use C++.
First, Pawno != PAWN. Pawno is just an IDE to edit PAWN files.

What this suppose to mean? "In pawno also we use C++."

@OP: Why don't you script by using sa-mp gdk, where you can write gamemode in C/C++. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=421090

My starting language was PAWN, and I'm scripting since 2009. So, I do remember every native/callback with their parameters. You just need to take sometime writing up codes. You don't have to learn, you will just learn them automatically when you will start scripting. SA-MP Wiki will help you alot.

Nah, not GDK.

Quote:

Download a normal basic gamemode go through it

Can you please send me a download link to any basic gamemode or smth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjrani
Посмотреть сообщение
Nah, not GDK.

Can you please send me a download link to any basic gamemode or smth?
http://sa-mp.com/download.php
download samp windows or linux server packagae from there.
Use pawno.exe to open one of gamemode.
look into it the gamemodes in there are quite basic one. e.g: Lvdm
Use SA-MP Wiki to go through functions or read some tutorials on forums..

well thats how i did it..

Please tell me how you're good at C++ which it has much much more functions etc than pawn yet you want to know how to remember pawn functions

Any gamemode for RP or TDM, pls send.. not the basic one @sa-mp.com/download.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
This is almost all gibberish!
:/ Why so?

That's how i came to know about callbacks, functions etc it was very confusing on wiki because i was new to scripting.

Pawn language* Sorry, My bad. Pawno is text editor agree . Got confused with these.

Pawn is case-sensitive, Regards wiki as i said i was really new to SA-MP so couldn't understand where to start how to, So i choosen that way rather than wiki.