Online Ban Database

Hi, I would just like you to share your thoughts, ideas or suggestions on my Online Ban Database

Should I just ban proxies.... hackers. or both

Many seem to think the idea of banning hackers world wide is pointless, so I don't know. Comment what you think...

I already have a proxy database of +14 000 ips (many from the most commonly used proxy, Hotspot Shield.)

I'm sure someone did this before, but I think proxies. If you stop proxies you reduce the amount of hackers who can ban evade.

Online ban database is something which i really don't like.
Banning the player IP will make other people who use that IP get banned as well.

If it was something like, cross server player database, which allow us to use 1 account to play in almost any server, would be way better.

There is a proxy checking thing is released already, and is so far best. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=460410

I don't think the idea of banning of players would be that good? I won't rely on some unknown bans database, I don't know anything about it, like which player is banned by you or others and they might be not cheating or something like that which is indeed a silly idea. Many bans would contain wrong bans, and would affect the player base who is running this database.

There was a project launched before I remember named Sprunk Buster. It was used with the official servers mostly (when official tab was separate). That online ban database was quite famous, and it was launched and later closed by Woet (I guess he was the one running it - correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think any server owner will rely on your database, simply because I think that this project is just ran by not-so-famous member. Woet was beta tester at that team, so, he was trustable.

Anyway, good luck with this.

Be aware that many will be interested in ddos your database host, but idea sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure someone did this before, but I think proxies.
I'm not sure. But after i posted the first version, i saw, in the "related posts" it was already created, but it bans all players they servers ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
Online ban database is something which i really don't like.
Banning the player IP will make other people who use that IP get banned as well.
I'm not using rang ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think the idea of banning of players would be that good? I won't rely on some unknown bans database, I don't know anything about it, like which player is banned by you or others and they might be not cheating or something like that which is indeed a silly idea. Many bans would contain wrong bans, and would affect the player base who is running this database.
I'd not intend on allowing servers adding their bans to my database.

"known hackers, extreme spammers and flooders, player crashers, rcon hackers and bot attackers" those are the only reasons... i wont be banning players for (example: swearing, advertising or being rude to admin or player)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
Be aware that many will be interested in ddos your database host, but idea sounds good.
No worries, i'm using a free host and i don't think they would do nothing about ddos attacks, as it affect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3cr3am
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not using rang ban.
I'm not talking about range ban.

One IPV4 isn't just for 1 person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
One IPV4 isn't just for 1 person.
Oh, yes... it still basically the same as getting ip banned from a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3cr3am
Посмотреть сообщение
No worries, i'm using a free host and i don't think they would do nothing about ddos attacks, as it affect them.
You're using a free host? I'm pretty sure once you get ddosed they'll terminate your service right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakillerIV
Посмотреть сообщение
You're using a free host? I'm pretty sure once you get ddosed they'll terminate your service right away.
It's 000webhost.com, don't think they'll do that.