CPU help

Hello guy,
May I know which CPU is good AMD Opteron 4334 or Intel Xeon E5 ?

Intel Xeon E5 and also why?

Both are rack server cpus, so I guess its about what dedicated to choose?
E5 is a whole CPU series, so its impossible to say which one will be better, the opteron will be faster than older E5, but newer E5's will outrun the opteron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Both are rack server cpus, so I guess its about what dedicated to choose?
E5 is a whole CPU series, so its impossible to say which one will be better, the opteron will be faster than older E5, but newer E5's will outrun the opteron.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
Intel Xeon E5 and also why?
No.

If you plan on using one of these CPUs in a desktop let me stop you there but if you need it for a workstation or server then you need to say what you are going to do on this workstation / server.

More importantly, what socket does your motherboard use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo.
Посмотреть сообщение
No.
So youre telling us the 2012's six core opteron 4334 (200Ђ) is faster than the 2014's 12-core Xeon E5-4657L v2 (4500$) ?

You clearly didnt get what I was writing. "E5" isnt a suitable information to say anything at all, as the very first E5 was slower than the opteron. So depending on the exact E5 type, its either faster or slower (again: The E5 is NOT a CPU, its a whole set of at least 30 different CPUs). No more information available.

Which E5 and what for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
So youre telling us the 2012's six core opteron 4334 (200Ђ) is faster than the 2014's 12-core Xeon E5-4657L v2 (4500$) ?

You clearly didnt get what I was writing. "E5" isnt a suitable information to say anything at all, as the very first E5 was slower than the opteron. So depending on the exact E5 type, its either faster or slower (again: The E5 is NOT a CPU, its a whole set of at least 30 different CPUs). No more information available.
I'm sorry but where did I say that and why are you trying to compare processors marketed at two VERY DIFFERENT types of consumers and consumer markets.

When it comes to servers / workstations it's not about which is the fastest but which get the job done the best and for the lowest amount. Also seeing that he is on the SAMP forums looking for help with this I can only assume that this is a help request regarding a dedi for game servers and or webserver which the AMD cpu will be more then enough for while also being cheaper then it's Intel counterpart.