Just wondering, is this possible with SAMP?

If I create a new weapon using a 3d modeler, and give it animations etc...

Say, a plasma gun.
And assign it an ID like 9000.

Can I let people download that model, and add it to their gta3.img and we use it in samp where it's scripted WITHOUT replacing the current weapons?

Just curious.

I think, that's impossible because. Because that weapon dont have weapon stats that what are done to dat files and sa-mp uses original weapon.dat not in the data folder so i think no.

I'm pretty sure that would have to be done by SA-MP(A.K.A Kalcor) to work properly, or even at all.

Nope, youd have to replace another weapon to use it this way.
You could attach your model to any other weapon as overlay, so it seems like the player is holding that custom gun. With some scripting you could also make it work like a custom weapon, but still its not a completely independent weapon.

There are tools that allow you to add additional weapons, rather than replacing, but I don't know if they would work with Sa-mp.

The solution might be to modify the custom.img.

You duplicate a weapon and then you modify how the duplicate looks thanks to the custom.img. There you go, a new weapon.

PS: Actually I don't know if anything I said made sense but maybe I did say something useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapist
Посмотреть сообщение
The solution might be to modify the custom.img.

You duplicate a weapon and then you modify how the duplicate looks thanks to the custom.img. There you go, a new weapon.

PS: Actually I don't know if anything I said made sense but maybe I did say something useful
You did not say anything useful. It's not possible.