[Question]: How to start a hosting company?

Yea, I know that the net can provide info, but I want to know from you (the one who has experienced running a 'real' hosting company) because you might know the best.

Let me say what I have covering my back:

24x7 electricity power supply, if there is a power-cut, then I have a big battery covering my back (It can run for months without charging)

A router - I dont use it because I bought a HUWAEI rechargeable (electrically) modem, so that in case I it would work independently sometimes.

A computer (Model: Toshiba) running windows 7, using intel CORE i3, CPU is 2.30 GHz, RAM (memory) is 4 GB, system type is 64 bit

And please write also how did you started your company, with history. And how did you manage to put a feature Anti-DDoS (if you have done, or else, please advice me)

Well, instead of having the servers, websites, and so on, hosted on your computer, at your house, host them in a Datacenter.
The expenses will be way lower, believe me.

Datacenter? Which one? What if I host at my house? What will I have to do?

You have thousands of datacenters around the world.
You just need to select the most suitable ones for the kind of services you want to offer.

Hosting the services at your house will give you some problems.
For example: the electricity bill will increase like sh*t.

You need to have a good network connection[preferable 100mb upstream / 100mb downstream], just for the computer.[You should not use it, since it can cause lag spikes, and packet loss for some people connected to the computer]

And one of the most important things, you need to have a computer which supports to be online 24 / 7, with the right maintenance.

Having a datacenter? There's no problem at all!
You rent a server, put things in it, and let the people connect to it.

You're looking for a nightmare with home hosting. That machine doesn't have the balls for it, and you'll be inundated w/ customer complaints.

Rent a dedicated server, set it up with WHMCS/TCAdmin and give that a whirl. You're wasting your time w/ trying to host servers from your house on a home desktop on a home connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACI
Посмотреть сообщение
Datacenter? Which one? What if I host at my house? What will I have to do?
http://ovh.co.uk

Lol you can't start your own datacenter unless you have a budget of $1000000

You will be fine running it from home, make sure you have a computer with 2gb ram and set up an email where customers can email you new files to be uploaded and ask for their server to be restarted.

You also need a domain name, get a domain from http://www.dot.tk/ and get hosting from 000webhost. You don't need a big datacenter or good connection as sa-mp dosn't need lots of bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
You're looking for a nightmare with home hosting. That machine doesn't have the balls for it, and you'll be inundated w/ customer complaints.

Rent a dedicated server, set it up with WHMCS/TCAdmin and give that a whirl. You're wasting your time w/ trying to host servers from your house on a home desktop on a home connection.
What the hell do you know about running hosting, stop giving out bad advice.

No, I just want to start a company which will host 10~20 servers on my home. What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение

What the hell do you know about running hosting, stop giving out bad advice.