SA-MP via HTTP

Hi SA-MP Team,

I'm building a community of SA-MP players and we’ve came across an issue. I really hope you can help me with this issue we’ve been having. We're in the process of starting servers running our script, but our project is not completed yet. Now, I've installed gta_sa.exe and samp.exe correctly under the same directory along with all the neccessary files on my local Windows machine. Also, I've moved this entire GTA San Andreas directory onto my file server. After that, I created a shortcut of gta_sa.exe and samp.exe and placed the .lnk files on my server under my default HTTP share. When I login to my domain name and try to open the samp.lnk shortcut I've created previously, it asks for a San Andreas Installation Location. Now, my point in this project was to create an enviorment where I could download or open samp.lnk from my HTTP share and point it to my gta_sa.lnk without mapping any drives, but the San Andreas Installation Location keeps on prefering an .exe file and won't except my .lnk file. Any ideas? Please, let me know if you need any more information on my behalf. Thanks in advance.

PS I will let this forum know about any changes made and give access to play for free if possible via HTTP.

Regards,
Ben

Man that's impossible, first of all, even if you magically could do that, how would you run more than 1 samp.exe's ? There can only be 1 proccess open.

Since you mentioned the mapping drives I'm guessing you didn't meant to open the samp.exe locally from the client's side so you meant all users using the server-side gta?

forget it, won't work unless you rewrite samp.exe which I'm pretty sure it's against the agreement by sa-mp team. and you would have to make your own platform to fetch the game online and place it on the client's ram, and we talking gigabytes, wait for ****** fiber to go global and then you may start that project, otherwise everyone would take for ever to download it.

Anyway, Good luck with that.

Many reasons it's not possible, plus it's illegal as players dont own a copy of the game. Further more, sharing illegal copies on this forum is forbidden.