Military Roleplay - Good idea or bad?

I probably will never have the time to execute this idea ... but here goes.

I've always been a fan of roleplay, and a fan of DM servers and Army Vs Terrorists and thought why not combine them? You can't RP as a soldier on all these mediocre NGG-theft kiddie admin Rp servers nor can you even type /me on an Army vs Terrorists server without getting blown up by an RPG 3 feet away.

Why not the same rules of Roleplay except incorporated into a military server? There will be an entire story behind it, and will be two teams. My suggestion is a domination-based long term U.K. vs U.S. (because no one will join Afghanistan or Russia if they're an enemy team, so UK vs US is the only reasonable option). You have access to tanks and planes and guns but here is the catch - everything is RP'd.

Roleplay IED patrols,
tank refueling, repairs
Plane patrols,
bombing,
invasions and so much more.

Honestly this could be a lot of fun. Something like ArmA 2 put into SAMP with RP aspects, so /mes and /dos and stuff.

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, new here.

It was something that I also thought about before, a server like this can be fun to play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
View Post
Roleplay IED patrols,
tank refueling, repairs
Plane patrols,
This made me thing of this video lol, maybe you can get some ideas out of it.

Arma?

No one will join Afghanistan/Russia? I'm sure you haven't visited enough DM servers. Most people don't give a single fuck about which country/team they join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred
View Post
No one will join Afghanistan/Russia? I'm sure you haven't visited enough DM servers. Most people don't give a single fuck about which country/team they join.
True.

OT: If you're planning to do a project like this one, I strongly suggest you to do it. It will be a success if it's in the right hands.

The TDM is not based on what team the user joins, it's all up to the weapons the users get. Some teams get imbalance and makes the people join them the most.

The problem is not making the idea or writing the script but attracting players who actually want to RP that.

I had the same idea some time ago but I concluded there would be too few players to make it enjoyable. Unless you make small maps you'll need a lot of people for some decent gameplay.

But if you want to try, go ahead. You might can get some inspiration from the game "WW2 online - Battleground Europe".

There was a whole debate and argument about this idea a year ago (or so), this idea is concluded (idk) to be impossible through logical means because of :-
  • Need a-lot of players, not a pump and dump event
  • Need microphone for easy speaking (no one's going to type and play, especially during wars/fights)
  • Requires patience