The RolePlay Scene

Hi, I have been, over the last one year, part of many roleplay servers. As member, staff, and what not. I have a lot of experience in owning and managing a server and all the overhead hassle that comes with it. From my experience I have realised that there are hardly any good, worthy servers. Everywhere I go, something or the other happens that the players hate, they leave and go elsewhere, and the server shuts down in the end, sometimes as early as in a month. A lot of people advertise saying they have an amazing script and unique features but in the end it all comes to a fake edited gamemode which is worthless, sometimes to the extent that the owners and scripters themselves dont know what certain commands and features do as they have been stolen/edited or just that they've used released scripts.

Now, coming to the main point, I have an idea, a strategy, of this new server in the field of roleplay. I often have such nice ideas that flood through my mind, but I am unable to put them into action due to lack of efforts of the team members and others, or just plain retardedness of the server owner. So during my ventures and journey, I've come up with a fusion of a tonne of ideas. I, of course, do not have the money to start a 500-1000 player server and wait for profits. My aim is not profits, its pure entertainment, pure gaming, pure fun. I dont care if I dont earn a single penny in donations. I just want to have enough to keep the server running till the end of time. People havent lost interest in SA-MP yet after so many years of the game being around, and I dont think they will soon either. So I am, looking at the long term interests of players, planning to make a server that totally goes by what the community wants. Its just an idea, and even the name hasnt been decided yet. You may ask "Why?". Part of that question has been answered in what you have read until now, and the other part is as follows. I have been involved in all kinds of roleplay from Heavy RP to Light RP. The problem with heavy RP is that you need to roleplay just too much. While it could be fun at times, its not fun always, not if you have to type for an hour to walk from your House to the nearby gun store, before you can actually perform that action. Now, talking about Light RP, where you almost have to roleplay nothing at all, it leads to severe DM, unmanaged by admins, which literally no one can stop. So, I am here with a better plan. To make a server where somewhere between light-medium RP is enforced, BUT, where some of the basic things dont have to be RPed at all, while other important parts like an arrest etc have to be RPed well.

Now coming to the problem. I have some scripting experience too, apart from managing servers, but I'll be honest, I started learning scripting by going through other's scripts and editing them and watching them come alive.
Apart from that I had JAVA knowledge from my school days, and it really helped me learn PAWN. But, currently I am pursuing a career in Law and hence I cannot spend a lot of time scripting. I can at most fix some important bugs or give advice to the development team. Now, the problem with people is that no one works for a good cause or for free. And I cant pay them at the moment as I'm not rich kid out to show off my dough. I am one of you, a common person in the crowd, and so the server will not be per se OWNED by me, it will be a community based server, a community owned server. There will be a very vast staff team comprising of a lot of designations (ofcourse I dont wanna divulge all the details here and have it stolen), but for all I can say, people who join communities to become admins etc should just stay away. I dont make 13yr old kids staff who cry and rage for nothing at all. This is a big project and if youre interested in taking an active part you can post below or PM me here, and I will brief you about it. In the future when the community grows, the developers will ofcourse, be PAID as per the gains, but payment should not be the sole reason to join in, it should be out of your love for pure entertainment.

I am open to anyone who is willing to help out in any manner for the development of this server. We will make a script from scratch most probably, taking ideas from the best avenues available, even from other servers, which failed due to other reasons. Basically we want this server to be the best of the best.

Another question asked here would be, since I say I do not have funds to fund the server, how will I run it?
I have the ability to get some funds from a few interested people who trust in me and have seen me in action. With their help, I will start the server as a 50-slot server or so, and then the capacity will be increased occasionally based on the demand. I have so much to say right now but no words to express it. And I dont want to keep it so long that people get bored reading. You can post your views below on this idea (even server name suggestions are welcome), and if you have any doubts that need to be clarified. You can also PM me, but it would be better to post here as there may be others who have the same questions as you, and who would want to know the answer to it as soon as possible.

Overall, it seems to me and a few others as a very good and appealing idea. The reason why I am posting here is not for fame or such, I want to know the general reaction of people, I wanna know if there' other people out there who are thinking like me, and want something like this to happen. And well if there are indeed a whole lot of people who want this to happen and who are willing to help with this then I will be more than happy to get it started, and help it grow in every way possible by me.

One thing I can guarantee is, you'll definitely Type Less, and Play More.

So you study law, poor guy who dares to crash/ddos your server if it gets alive then :P
Good luck with this project, you sound serious and mature, I haven't found any interesting english roleplay servers in a while.

Awesome project, i think it'd work out great.
I'd try and commit to it, any day.

Great and awesome project

Sounds ambitious but I know you, Ray, and especially on Lawless Roleplay you certainly didn't enjoy losing your power and you were even worse when you started your own server and it failed.

But, nevertheless, if you've changed then I say good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FMJ]PowerSurge
View Post
Sounds ambitious but I know you, Ray, and especially on Lawless Roleplay you certainly didn't enjoy losing your power and you were even worse when you started your own server and it failed.

But, nevertheless, if you've changed then I say good luck.
1) I had no power on Law**** roleplay.
2) I know I made my mistakes, everyone does, but Ive learnt from them, and indeed have changed, and I expect to bring a huge change to the Roleplay scene, and hence this post. Thank you for showing interest Cheers!

This requires dedication, not only take people to be responsible for you.

Voted.

Not bad suggestion

Depends who you get to work on this project, it only takes one person to fuck everything up.

Good luck though, I would love to see a roleplay like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpK
View Post
This requires dedication, not only take people to be responsible for you.
The fact that I took the time out to write up such a long story shows that I'm dedicated to the cause.
The fact that you took the time to read it up shows you apreciate my dedication. Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSamp
View Post
Voted.
Not bad suggestion
Thanks, I'll make it worth your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
Depends who you get to work on this project, it only takes one person to fuck everything up.
Good luck though, I would love to see a roleplay like that.
Yes, indeed, and I am going to be very choosy and strict about who works with me on this.

However, anyone who wishes to help us out in any way on this project shall reply here or PM me.
With the responses I have received so far, I have decided to go ahead with the project.
More updates coming soon.