Is it possible

Is it possible with the samp plugin devleopment kit to see if a folder exists in a players game directory? I'm not asking how to do i'm just asking before I spend the next 6 hours + trying to do it only to find out you can't.

No, the plugins are server side only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
No, the plugins are server side only.
Should look into updating it to at least read files in the players game directory. Would make it a lot easier to catch cleo modders and what not.

EDIT: Completely misunderstood the topic sorry. Was thinking server directory not client.

You can workaround it by creating a launcher in java or C# for your server, for example. You just put a dynamic password in your server that changes when each player log in, like this:

pawn Код:
new serverPw[64];

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid) {
    new cmdStr[64];

format(cmdStr, sizeof(cmdStr), "password salt%d", serverPw);
    SendRconCommand(cmdStr);

return true;
}
You connect your launcher to your server with sockets and send a command to retrieve the server password, then you launch SA-MP with the password. In your launcher you can verify everything in player's machine.

Note: That's ugly and will difficult new players to join your server (excluding the fact it will be pretty easy to exploit your launcher, get the server pass and join the server without using the launcher), but I don't know any other method to do what you want to do.

The SAMP client could be created to detect hacking tools in the game folder for any client.

I'm not sure how those hacking tools work, but don't they have to be inside the game's folder as well to work?
Then the SAMP client could detect if those hacking tool files exist in that folder and refuse to open (and probably display an error message as well).

But some players might be able to launch their game first, then install the hacking tool in the background and run it afterwards.

The client program can also use a built-in timer to regularly check for hacking tools and close the game if it detects anything.

Then we don't have to write huge anti-hack systems into our scripts to catch any hacking system.
Hackers always find new ways to hack, the client would be able to block them all if it just checks for the files in the game folder.

The client needs to be in the game folder anyway, and probably, most hacking tools would also be in there.

Pseudo-code for the client:
pawn Код:
if (fexist(s0 beit.exe))
    ErrorMessage("You cannot launch the SAMP client with an installed hacking tool");

But it works for the Scriptfiles folder no ?
Not for the entire GTA SA folder, and I think that cheats are there.

Hacks could just change their filenames and structures to pass these checks. Also clients could be faked to report there are no hacks, regardless of how many hacks and mods he uses.
So even with a detection like this servers would still need all the antihacks they already use today, making it a pretty useless protection.
Also, samp devs always sticked to the idea not to touch any client files. Samp is a mod, not a spy software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anou1
Посмотреть сообщение
But it works for the Scriptfiles folder no ?
Not for the entire GTA SA folder, and I think that cheats are there.
The scriptfiles folder is part of the server, the client has nothing to do with that. You cant access any kind of files on the clients computer via samp, not even the samp client config.

As Mauzen said above, samp is just a MOD not a game engine so that's why dev's won't make anticheat built in.
However, they could use GameGuard, HackShield, PunkBuster, XTrap or others which doesen't require too much modifications for client but just some implementations.(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Ohh, try THIS for your problem.