ID / Part of Name on Commands written with ZCMD and sscanf.

Hey,

I'm writing a game mode which includes ZCMD for Command Processing.
I want to write commands which are able to either have a playerid or a Part of the name as an input.
Problem is with ZCMD I'm only able to get a certain type of variable like so:
pawn Код:
if(sscanf(params, "s[48]", iName)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_AQUA, "USAGE: ...");
or
pawn Код:
if(sscanf(params, "ii", iName)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_AQUA, "USAGE: ...");
Any toughts?

try u parameter:
pawn Код:
if(sscanf(params, "u", iName)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_AQUA, "USAGE: ...");

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matess
Посмотреть сообщение
try u parameter:
pawn Код:
if(sscanf(params, "u", iName)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_AQUA, "USAGE: ...");
I can confirm that this will act both as an ID and part of a name/full name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
I can confirm that this will act both as an ID and part of a name/full name.
It will not use part of name unless you define this previous to the 'u' specifier: ?<MATCH_NAME_PARTIAL=1>

pawn Код:
if (sscanf(params, "?<MATCH_NAME_PARTIAL=1>u", target)) return ...
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=120356

Alternatively you can use

SSCANF_Option(MATCH_NAME_PARTIAL, 1);

Quote:

MATCH_NAME_PARTIAL:

Currently sscanf will search for players by name, and will ALWAYS search for player whose name STARTS with the specified string. If you have, say "[CLAN]******" connected and someone types "******", sscanf will not find "[CLAN]******" because there name doesn't start with the specified name. This option, when set to 1, will search ANYWHERE in the player's name for the given string.

Let me demonstrate...

pawn Код:
CMD:pm(playerid, params[])
{
    new target, message[150];
    if(sscanf(params, "us[150]", target, message)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "USAGE: /pm [playerid/partofname] [message]");
What the guy above me said is really only needed for a database search, for example an MDC.

by doing it his way, if I wanted to PM someone named John_Smith I can do /pm smith, but this way requires to do /pm john. My way is how most servers do it

Thanks very much you guys, I didn't know about the 'u' specifier.
Guess I should've digged trough the documentation some more.