New board system [WIP]

Hey everyone,

I've been working on a new board system for a while now and as some of my friends liked it, i continued it and would like to hear your opinions.
Yes, i do need people to help me, mostly with CSS(3) as i just got into the flat design.

Here is the first screenshot i'm showing, a few things are already done but i won't post images of those yet.

Looks interesting, how exactly are you making it? (PHP Framework etc.). And if so how will you handle templating and module addition since that's what most bulletin board software require which makes each installation unique.

When it is nearer completion will there be a demo version we could test out? And I am a big fan of the simple flat styles sites, so this to me is quite appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
View Post
When it is nearer completion will there be a demo version we could test out? And I am a big fan of the simple flat styles sites, so this to me is quite appealing.
Same that's why I used one of my good friends templates, for our members area imo he makes the best flat admin templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
View Post
Looks interesting, how exactly are you making it? (PHP Framework etc.). And if so how will you handle templating and module addition since that's what most bulletin board software require which makes each installation unique.
Well, it currently only works on jquery, PHP and on MySQL/CSS, HTML and CSS for the markup but i first want to finish the main things, such as the user system, administration panel and just the topic system itself.
Ofcourse it will have template and module support in the future but for now i'm keeping it to the above languages, but that will change very soon.

It will be very easy to install, noob-friendly administration/user panel and ofcourse it will be free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
View Post
Yes, there will be one soon but i do require people to help testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy0wns
View Post
Well, it currently only works on jquery, PHP and on MySQL/CSS, HTML and CSS for the markup but i first want to finish the main things, such as the user system, administration panel and just the topic system itself.
Ofcourse it will have template and module support in the future but for now i'm keeping it to the above languages, but that will change very soon.

It will be very easy to install, noob-friendly administration/user panel and ofcourse it will be free.

Yes, there will be one soon but i do require people to help testing it.
Ah okay so it's regular PHP rather than a framework like laravel or codeigniter?

Quote:
View Post
Ah okay so it's regular PHP rather than a framework like laravel or codeigniter?
Currently i will keep it at PHP but i'll move to codeigniter framework soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy0wns
View Post
Currently i will keep it at PHP but i'll move to codeigniter framework soon.
If you don't already know how to use codeigniter I'd suggest using laravel or something else since codeiginter is no longer updated and since it is a MVC framework it's more difficult to implement modules. I only use codeigniter for FractalBB because I knew how to use it already.

Quote:
View Post
Same that's why I used one of my good friends templates, for our members area imo he makes the best flat admin templates.
bit rude to advertise on someone else's thread eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
bit rude to advertise on someone else's thread eh
Wasn't advertising I don't get anything for it, i was just mentioning where I get my templates from. Also in my eyes it would be advertising if I were to link his themeforest rather than his portfolio.

Also 'friend' means I tweet him, he tweets me, we follow each other... You know best friends since birth