What features would you like?

Okay, so for a personal project to keep me from boredom, I decided that I would begin scripting a role-play server from scratch. (This was about a week ago now).

As a Roleplayer myself, I know the general features that a SERVER 'should' have and 'want' to have.

HOWEVER... As I'm not everyone, and 99% of servers available run a script taken from the forums, they include a lot of unused features... So this is why I decided to make this post.

What do YOU want to see in a Roleplay server?

i was wondering if mafijas with capturable buiznesis and gangs with capturable gangzones are for rp or are they for another gm tpe and if they are for a different one what type are they for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckarlis
Посмотреть сообщение
i was wondering if mafijas with capturable buiznesis and gangs with capturable gangzones are for rp or are they for another gm tpe and if they are for a different one what type are they for?
They can be implemented to a RP server, though it's generally seen more in Gangwar servers.

I think the only reason it's not normally seen in RP servers is because people may try to only capture when other gangs are offline, however there would be methods of getting around that.

It should contain mainly everything you can do in real life. To give systems examples, houses, businesses, gangs, families(such as husband, wife, brother and so), phones, cars and so. Animations are also required because they are fun, and that is what a player wants.
I suggest you check others RP scripts because, if it has more and better features than the others, then it's going to be better.

Just as HeLLeR said,it should contain everything you do in real life.Like what you do to earn money in real life? Cut your neighbour's lawn,Get some goods for some of your neighbours,drive Busses,Taxis,Sell Drugs,Join the Law Enforcement,maybe open a Gang or somethin'?
It should also be 'Fully Dynamic'(Well,that's important.)
If you want it to run more Faster,Efficient,then you should use MySql.I know it's a bit back-breaking,but it's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLeR
Посмотреть сообщение
It should contain mainly everything you can do in real life. To give systems examples, houses, businesses, gangs, families(such as husband, wife, brother and so), phones, cars and so. Animations are also required because they are fun, and that is what a player wants.
I suggest you check others RP scripts because, if it has more and better features than the others, then it's going to be better.
Houses - Business's are a given. They'll be added and made dynamic for quick access. -- Thanks.

Gangs were planned from the beginning, I'm looking into adding capture zones too just to add some interest for them, along with dominance over black markets (i.e. Guns, Drugs, etc.)

Families are a nice idea, I know that most people use families in a sense of marriage, but to be able to have brothers and so forth too would be nice (Less obvious for family run mafias too).

Phones are in development (Looking into adding phone signals).

Cars have been added, however I'm still in the process of making them ownable (Shouldn't be too hard with the way it's been done already).

Animations are pretty neat indeed. They will be added for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyPeterson
Посмотреть сообщение
Just as HeLLeR said,it should contain everything you do in real life.Like what you do to earn money in real life? Cut your neighbour's lawn,Get some goods for some of your neighbours,drive Busses,Taxis,Sell Drugs,Join the Law Enforcement,maybe open a Gang or somethin'?
It should also be 'Fully Dynamic'(Well,that's important.)
If you want it to run more Faster,Efficient,then you should use MySql.I know it's a bit back-breaking,but it's better.
Already started it in MySQL and everything is going to be driven through MySQL -- Thanks though

Fully dynamic is something on my to do list though. Already worked through the vehicle system which was a pain in the ass, but it's done.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=464477

(I'll also update that thread with things that people have mentioned this thread later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=464477

(I'll also update that thread with things that people have mentioned this thread later)
This is really quite helpful! Thanks! I'd rep you, but I've run out of cookies.

Well think of what you do IRL everyday, base it of that. It won't be 100% realistic, however imagine it like it being Sims 3 but more advanced.

Here are some features I'd like to see:

Rammstein feat. Mariah Carrey
Queens of the Stone Age feat. The Beatles
Kendrick Lamar feat. Childish Gambino
DaftPunk feat. OneDirection