Mods for everyone?

Just wanted to ask, is there any way that EVERY player can see your mod? Like if i have a skin mod, the other players can see it too? If there is non, then i request the SAMP developers to make one as it will be awesome then!

Regards,
UnknownOwner.

No, not possible. Don't even think it's necessary since some players might use mods which could crash other players' games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDawg
Посмотреть сообщение
No, not possible. Don't even think it's necessary since some players might use mods which could crash other players' games.
Ok then...

You can't have a mod like that, since your mods are only on your machine. Therefore if you have a skin mod for example then you would have the models etc. on your hard drive and no one else would be able to see it.

Add files to custom.img file and let everyone who play on your server download it, all dedicated players will download it.

You are right, forgot that point xD. This thread can be locked/deleted...

I actually like the idea, any-how. Like maybe there could be a server-side mod folder, and a "UseServerMods" option in server.cfg. Would be a nice addition in the possible future of SA:MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
I actually like the idea, any-how. Like maybe there could be a server-side mod folder, and a "UseServerMods" option in server.cfg. Would be a nice addition in the possible future of SA:MP.

Actually it is impossible to find out about anything regarding client's files yet.
Though I like the idea i posted some time ago: adding a function to get the checksum of certain model/object/vehicle ids (due to GTA architecture they are all the same type of data) The checksum alone wouldnt tell anything about the actual data, and wouldnt be able to harm any client or server. BUT it would allow servers to check the mods a client uses without touching his privacy. The actual content of ones hdd would still be private.
Sure, some hacks could fake the reported checksum, but I guess that would be too much effort just to fake the mods a player is using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually it is impossible to find out about anything regarding client's files yet.
Though I like the idea i posted some time ago: adding a function to get the checksum of certain model/object/vehicle ids (due to GTA architecture they are all the same type of data) The checksum alone wouldnt tell anything about the actual data, and wouldnt be able to harm any client or server. BUT it would allow servers to check the mods a client uses without touching his privacy. The actual content of ones hdd would still be private.
Sure, some hacks could fake the reported checksum, but I guess that would be too much effort just to fake the mods a player is using.
why does ur location say western germany? you know there is nothing separating germany anymore.. lol