Best RP script to start editing

I want to make a new gamemode, but starting fresh is not what I want. What would, in your opinion, be the best roleplay script to start editing / developing.

All opinions welcomed

Leppi, continue Intense Revolution Roleplay, my nigga.

- Lance

OT: Best is zGaming base.

No lol, it's buggy and theres so many features that I want to add but interfere with current systems ect.

Grand larceny is a good script to start.

Then, I'd ask you to check out the NG-RP script to see what and how NOT to script.

Then, check out some basic scripts that save stuff using MySQL/INI (starter scripts) and add your own stuff.

Finally, try minigame modes - because a large gamemode with 10K+ lines never got to me, personally, when I was learning.

Why don't you just continue the script we used inb4? It's not so 'fresh'..

You simply don't. I would never recommend someone to edit a script and learn that way. The reason why is that I simply think it's easier to make it from scratch. That way you know all of it from the beginning and do not have to find out what all the systems do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
Посмотреть сообщение
You simply don't. I would never recommend someone to edit a script and learn that way. The reason why is that I simply think it's easier to make it from scratch. That way you know all of it from the beginning and do not have to find out what all the systems do.
He's an awesome scripter, he doesn't have to learn at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismay
Посмотреть сообщение
He's an awesome scripter, he doesn't have to learn at all.
I would never consider anyone an 'awesome' scripter who depends on other's creations. I understand that one does not have to reinvent the wheel and there's a lot of useful includes and plugins and there might even be a good base script to start with. However, I wouldn't recommend to start with a complete RP script but only a base script that does the preparations for you. Although I still think that's kind of lazy. Also, could you define "an awesome scripter" for me please? I highly doubt that he doesn't have to learn anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
Посмотреть сообщение
I would never consider anyone an 'awesome' scripter who depends on other's creations. I understand that one does not have to reinvent the wheel and there's a lot of useful includes and plugins and there might even be a good base script to start with. However, I wouldn't recommend to start with a complete RP script but only a base script that does the preparations for you. Although I still think that's kind of lazy. Also, could you define "an awesome scripter" for me please? I highly doubt that he doesn't have to learn anything.
Alright, sorry for misunderstanding, in MY vision, he's an awesome scripter, because everything I suggested so far, he scripted. Definition of an 'awesome scripter'..? Someone who has a large pawno knowledge and a large experience with scripting. And right, depends on the creativity of the scripter.

P.S. - I have basically no scripting knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismay
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright, sorry for misunderstanding, in MY vision, he's an awesome scripter, because everything I suggested so far, he scripted. Definition of an 'awesome scripter'..? Someone who has a large pawno knowledge and a large experience with scripting. And right, depends on the creativity of the scripter.

P.S. - I have basically no scripting knowledge.
Good answer, indeed he might be awesome for you. I think it only discourage other scripters if people consider some people being better than others. We're all good at different things and we all have our own artistic skills.