Is anyone interested in Survival Gamemodes?

Hello everyone. I was an amateur in scripting like an year ago. I left SA-MP 10 months ago to do good in my studies. Examinations are coming closer and I will have a lot of free time after that (summer vacations). Since I've came here after a long time, I want to know about the opinion of you people. I opted for computer science in my school and now I know a lot about programming languages and I can write a really nice gamemode.

I wanted to know whether anyone is interested in a survival gamemode? In which you have to collect resources, and then craft items with them. Nothing will be available from start, you will have to make each and every tool from scratch. You will be able to form groups or kill people and loot their body.

Your opinion matters. Advise and Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Also please let me know if this ain't the right section to post it.

There were a lot of servers with good scripts released for Survivalish type of gameplay, but they didn't seem to success, didn't attract a good amount of players to create a playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyk0ed
Посмотреть сообщение
There were a lot of servers with good scripts released for Survivalish type of gameplay, but they didn't seem to success, didn't attract a good amount of players to create a playerbase.
Its true. You should better start an cnr or rpg server imo.

some dayz servers are sucess on sa-mp

You know what SA-MP want? a PVP script like in rust with unique features.

There are a lot of people who create a new community and fail in the end. If i were you, i wouldn't waste my money and time on something that will fail, unless you have really good ideas. To build a great gamemode from scratch will take from 2-3 months up to 1-1.5 year. I opened my server about a year ago and i lost a lot of money on it, that's why im telling you not to spend your money on nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGGGeNNdA
Посмотреть сообщение
There are a lot of people who create a new community and fail in the end. If i were you, i wouldn't waste my money and time on something that will fail, unless you have really good ideas. To build a great gamemode from scratch will take from 2-3 months up to 1-1.5 year. I opened my server about a year ago and i lost a lot of money on it, that's why im telling you not to spend your money on nothing.
To actually finish it I would say it takes up to four years. I'm currently working on a RP server and I'm only in early Alpha stage and I've been working on it for half a year.

Anyway, I like the idea of survival. However, the problem is that there's not a lot of good textures for it. You would have to be very creative to create a true apocalyptic server. And no, setting the weather ID to some storm and make redneck NPCs hunt you won't be enough.

You can do any server really, as long as you've got a good team setup and a script made from scratch with the appropriate features based on the type of server you are creating.

Good luck!

I believe that the hundreds of players who already play these types of already-existing gamemodes are interested in them, yes.

Is this minecraft or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_master
Посмотреть сообщение
Is this minecraft or what?
There's nothing wrong with trying to recreate modes from other games in SA-MP.